Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Collectors Corner Sports Marketplace

I just received this e-mail from PSA:

Need Cards for Your PSA Registry Sets?
Collectors Corner Now Delivers Them to You AUTOMATICALLY!

We understand that finding those elusive cards that will complete or improve your PSA Registry set can be difficult. So wouldn't it be fantastic if the cards you need were delivered right to your inbox?

That dream is now a reality. PSA and Collectors Corner have joined forces to introduce a powerful program that literally matches incomplete sets on the PSA Set RegistrySM with the inventories of participating dealers who have the missing cards. This perfect match happens automatically for any Set Registry member who wishes to participate. Your exhaustive searches and endless phone calls are over!

The participating PSA Authorized Dealers are committed to getting the freshest material in front of you so you can see it first. That's why they have chosen to partner with Collectors Corner, the secure online sports marketplace savvy collectors use to locate PSA-graded cards for their Registry sets. As soon as the dealers submit their latest cards to PSA for grading and encapsulation, the cards are immediately rolled out on

Collectors Corner, and you are automatically notified with an e-mail like this. All you have to do is notify the dealer of your interest, and complete your transaction. But you will need to act promptly because other Set Registry participants will be looking for the same card.

With this program, you will only receive e-mails about cards you're looking for - we'll never bother you with cards you don't need. You are under no obligation, the service is free, and you can click on the link below to stop receiving the e-mails at any time. But we doubt you'll want to. We hope you'll take advantage of this amazing innovation in Registry set building, and watch for the cards coming your way.
------
It's a great idea, but it would be even better if the cards listed were priced right.

Comments

• Options

Von,

I agree. Great idea, but lets see what these dealers are going to price these cards at.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the email also, and love the concept image

But like you, we'll just have to see how the dealers end up pricing their material.

Steve
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Great idea, but lets see what these dealers are going to price these cards at. >>

Really, now. I think we all know the answer to that one.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    opted out
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    This program won't help the "savvy" collector. It will help the deep-pocketed collector who can afford to buy anything they want that comes available at any price. And it will help put the dealers in touch with said deep-pocketed collector. If the dealer knows that his card is being emailed out to multiple buyers with specific interest, why in the world wouldn't they price it high? They'd be foolish not to.

-Michael
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have checked CC a few times when on my registry site. The prices were so far from reality I no longer even look there.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Bring it on. I wish ALL the e-mails I got were about baseball cards!!
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA