Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How about the Canadaian women's hockey team...

A real class act if you ask me.

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    I wonder how they'd act if they ever lost... image
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classless.
  • Options

Go change your diapers. image
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Wow, wasn't expecting that as a celebration. I wouldn't call it classless and obviously it wouldn't have happened if the games were in another country. I can't believe the coach/officials would let it happen though, even if it was a empty arena. Keep it in the locker room.

For those that didn't hear about it...

IOC to Investigate Canadian Team's Party on Ice When the flags were lowered and the crowds had gone, the Canadian Women's Hockey Team, still in uniform and sporting their hard-won Gold Medals, took to the ice once again. This time, it was to celebrate. Having brought Canada yet another Gold, the women brought a few drinks and cigars onto the ice to celebrate: drinking, laughing, and enjoying their moment. The Canadian Women's Hockey Team celebration was the shortest hockey party ever, only lasting around half an hour, but that was thirty minutes too long for the IOC, which is considering "an investigation", though there's not much to investigate, is there?
  • Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Yeah they should have kept it in the locker room, but empty arena, who gives a crap.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Yeah they should have kept it in the locker room, but empty arena, who gives a crap. >>

I'm not seeing it either.
  • Options
    Meh.
    Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About as much of a non-story as the snowboarder letting the girl bite the medal. Where is Alberto Tomba to teach these Gen Y-ers how to really party?
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    BFD
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone should get off their backs. They live in Canada for God's sake....let them enjoy something.
  • Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

<< <i>About as much of a non-story as the snowboarder letting the girl bite the medal. Where is Alberto Tomba to teach these Gen Y-ers how to really party? >>

I agree with you... I thought the whole snowboarder thing was a huge non-story too. I guess the media has to try and find as much bad as they can in the Olympics.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    As much as I dislike Crosby, I'm happy he was able to win the gold.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Non-story. Sheesh.

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As much as I dislike Crosby, I'm happy he was able to win the gold. >>

What gold? Men's hockey is only in the semifinals
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Do Canadian medals count 50% towards US totals? I mean, Canada is US-light, isn't it?
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do Canadian medals count 50% towards US totals? I mean, Canada is US-light, isn't it? >>

ouch... that stings us Canadians.
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>As much as I dislike Crosby, I'm happy he was able to win the gold. >>

What gold? Men's hockey is only in the semifinals >>

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    ...and it's only 94% just like the dollar as of today.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to the women from Canada and let them party they earned it!

IOC take that cigar out of your ..................
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    "OC to Investigate Canadian Team's Party on Ice When the flags were lowered and the crowds had gone, the Canadian Women's Hockey Team, still in uniform and sporting their hard-won Gold Medals, took to the ice once again. This time, it was to celebrate. Having brought Canada yet another Gold, the women brought a few drinks and cigars onto the ice to celebrate: drinking, laughing, and enjoying their moment. The Canadian Women's Hockey Team celebration was the shortest hockey party ever, only lasting around half an hour, but that was thirty minutes too long for the IOC, which is considering "an investigation", though there's not much to investigate, is there?"

The IOC is just bummed that the drinking, laughing, and enjoying their moment all occurred still in uniform. They had plans to release a Canadian Girls Gone Wild On Ice video and who's gonna buy it now.