Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

March Special?

Carol, any chance we can find out what they are before the weekend?

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    +1
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    +2
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    +3
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    What the hell

+4
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +6 image

Shane

• Options
    +
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    -1 -- I can't afford a good special right now. image
  • Options
    +7 - How about a PSA/DNA special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>+7 - How about a PSA/DNA special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Maybe even a $1.00 Steve Young resub?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Being the Month after the group sub, it is almost guaranteed to be a $5/card special.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Just heard from Customer Service

1956 - 1963 $5/ea with 50 card min.

1964 - present $4.50/ea with 50 card min. Cards on both orders valued under $100
  • Options

<< <i>Carol, any chance we can find out what they are before the weekend? >>

just heard from cust. svc:

1956 - 1963 $5/ea 50 card min. value under $100

1964 - present $4.50 50 card min. value under $100
  • Options

<< <i>Being the Month after the group sub, it is almost guaranteed to be a $5/card special.

1964 - present $4.50/ea with 50 card min. Cards on both orders valued under $100

>>

If that is correct, I told you so. I'm psychic. I have ESPN.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Being the Month after the group sub, it is almost guaranteed to be a $5/card special.

>>

If that is correct, I told you so. I'm psychic. I have ESPN. >>

That is definitely correct, so you are most certainly a psycho
  • Options

<< <i>That is definitely correct, so you are most certainly a psycho >>

I take that as a compliment.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That is definitely correct, so you are most certainly a psycho >>

I take that as a compliment. >>

When I think psycho, I think of Deniro from Taxi Diver -- so you should take as one

I think this is probably far enough off March specials for one day.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    When will we start seeing love for pre 1956 cards???? I have a bunch of poor ungraded 52 wheaties cards who are looking for a nice grade image
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 1956 to 1963 minimum of 50 cards needs to be reduced. Reducing it to 25 cards would probably get them more subs.
  • Options

<< <i>When will we start seeing love for pre 1956 cards???? I have a bunch of poor ungraded 52 wheaties cards who are looking for a nice grade image >>

I'm with you. I don't get the 1956 cutoff on these?
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Nice special.

I would love to see a truly modern one, like 1980 to present at 4.25 or even 4.00 !!!

• Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    I can't recall ever seeing a TRUE "Set Registry Special" where you got a 'rate' for submitting cards that you ACTUALLY have a registered set for.

For example.... I have a '75 Topps Set registered... why not have a special to where I can submit '75 Topps cards for a special rate.
    Same could be said for player sets, and the like.

If nothing else, it would DEFF make the Set Registry BLOW UP with additional sets.... that's not necessarily a bad thing.

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭
    No love for the original request?
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If that is correct, I told you so. I'm psychic. I have ESPN. >>

I have ESPN2
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>+7 - How about a PSA/DNA special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Maybe even a $1.00 Steve Young resub? >>

LMAO! Everyone makes mistakes... PSA/DNA is still the best (well it would be just to expensive to switch all my graded stuff now)
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I can't recall ever seeing a TRUE "Set Registry Special" where you got a 'rate' for submitting cards that you ACTUALLY have a registered set for.

For example.... I have a '75 Topps Set registered... why not have a special to where I can submit '75 Topps cards for a special rate.
    Same could be said for player sets, and the like.

If nothing else, it would DEFF make the Set Registry BLOW UP with additional sets.... that's not necessarily a bad thing. >>

Ummmm... they do. Feb has an $8 registry set special - 10 business days, 10 card min.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭
    I guess he's saying that you would actually have to have the set registered to be able to submit cards under the registry special. Not a bad idea for a one-time special, but it would be timely to regulate I bet - plus, as was said before, it would blow up the number of registry sets (not that it's a bad thing).
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    "Ummmm... they do. Feb has an $8 registry set special - 10 business days, 10 card min."

... ya, guess I didn't see that one. Not sure that you HAVE to have a registered set for this one though. I think any PSA member can submit anything fitting the bill for $8 here, and don't have to have a registered set for what's being submitted.

I'm talking about a 'rate' that would help justify submitting really low-end cards... like commons. We can't complete sets without commons... something like a $2-3/ea deal with a hefty minimum... 50-100 card minimum.

I dunno... just thinking out loud.

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If that is correct, I told you so. I'm psychic. I have ESPN. >>

I have ESPN2 >>

I have this one:
  • Options
    StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭
    Talon - I actually like you're idea of a really low rate for "commons". With them adding cards to the player registries all the time, there are a lot which makes it cost-prohibitive. I'm not sure how they would determine what would be these lower-level cards, but I think it would be a great idea - and you'd have to have a registry set for this player to submit at that cheap level.

Maybe make it post-1990 only or something like that
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Talon - I actually like you're idea of a really low rate for "commons". With them adding cards to the player registries all the time, there are a lot which makes it cost-prohibitive. I'm not sure how they would determine what would be these lower-level cards, but I think it would be a great idea - and you'd have to have a registry set for this player to submit at that cheap level.

Maybe make it post-1990 only or something like that >>

20 max value would prob be better.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Talon - I actually like you're idea of a really low rate for "commons". With them adding cards to the player registries all the time, there are a lot which makes it cost-prohibitive. I'm not sure how they would determine what would be these lower-level cards, but I think it would be a great idea - and you'd have to have a registry set for this player to submit at that cheap level.

Maybe make it post-1990 only or something like that >>

20 max value would prob be better. >>

Maybe, but too arbitrary. $20 max value at what grade??

How about any card in THEIR SMR that is listed at the "generic" price, even the high #'s if they don't have a premium above cards in the same series.

For example, all commons PSA 8's for 1970 BB are either $10, $12, or $15 based on their series. But a $15 "key card" in series 1 would not be eligible. That way, it adds some credibility to their SMR numbers to use them in this way.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭

<< <i>Just heard from Customer Service

1964 - present $4.50/ea with 50 card min. Cards on both orders valued under $100 >>

*** 100th Post ***

I had a 95 card submission on the February Special ready to pack and go out on Saturday. When I saw this, I waited until today to package and ship. That saved me $142!

Thanks!!!
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Just heard from Customer Service

1964 - present $4.50/ea with 50 card min. Cards on both orders valued under $100 >>

*** 100th Post ***

I had a 95 card submission on the February Special ready to pack and go out on Saturday. When I saw this, I waited until today to package and ship. That saved me $142!

Thanks!!! >>

Saved me too. Thanks for the timely heads-up!!!
    ----------------------
    ----------------------