Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Link

I sent him a quick note telling him that I believe he has a Halfpenny and not a Farthing.

His response... "High there, I beleive you are mistaken Sir. I have plenty of half pennies of that age and they are slightly larger.
Its not the first time someone in England has sold me a rare coin not knowing what it really is.
I think he did'nt know and obviously did'nt have a coin guide which I have two of Spinks 2010 and British Coin values 2009.
Thanks for your imput though, i'm selling it because I dont want to collect fathing or half pennies any more.
Kind regards .......".

I feel compelled to point out exactly why he is wrong about the coin, but on the other hand, there are some you just can't get through to.

Oh boy.

Comments

• Options
    Ok, I see he has included my "question" and his response in the listing.

I have concluded that, even though he has a couple of coin guides, he hasn't yet opened them.

I change my vote from "misinformed" to ... ... no, I'll be nice and keep it at misinformed.

• Options
    RobPRobP Posts: 483 ✭✭

<< <i>Link

I sent him a quick note telling him that I believe he has a Farthing and not a Halfpenny.

His response... "High there, I beleive you are mistaken Sir. I have plenty of half pennies of that age and they are slightly larger.
    Its not the first time someone in England has sold me a rare coin not knowing what it really is.
    I think he did'nt know and obviously did'nt have a coin guide which I have two of Spinks 2010 and British Coin values 2009.
    Thanks for your imput though, i'm selling it because I dont want to collect fathing or half pennies any more.
    Kind regards .......".

I feel compelled to point out exactly why he is wrong about the coin, but on the other hand, there are some you just can't get through to.

Oh boy. >>

I'm glad you got the attribution correct in your question, unlike this post. Quick edit required!
  • Options
    DOH!!!