Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Resubmitting cards

Can anyone shed any light on this topic for me. I was wondering what percentage of cards that are resubmitted for a higher grade, actually receive it. Recently, I submitted several 63 Topps, and received a mixture of 7's and 8's. Some of these 7's are nicer than some 8's I've seen. Would it be worth my while to crack these out and resubmit on the chance of getting another grader to look at them.....or should I just be content with what I got the first time around. These are the first cards I've ever submitted, so I don't really know if resubmitting ever works or not.
Also.....that brings another point to mind. Consider the many cards that have been resubmitted and regraded to a higher grade. This would not be reflected in the Pop Report. Once graded and put in PSA's database......the Pop Report will always reflect the old grades, as well as the new higher grade. Doesn't this give a false impression of what is actually out there, or is resubmitting not prevalent enough to factor in.
1963 TOPPS~ SayitaintsoJoe's Fresh from the pack Screamers~ All pictured in living color

"There's no crying in baseball card set building."

Comments

• Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Sayitaintso,
    I'll tell you this about resubmitting. It doesnt pay. I send in thousands of cards every year and I send cards back for review and only 2% are ever upgraded.

Bob
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Bob,

I think we've got two different thoughts going here...

I too have had lousy luck when sending cards back for review. But, I have found that if a card is really a super nice looking 7 that I just can't figure out, that by cracking it and resubmitting it I generally get the higher grade 50% of the time. It works pretty well between 7 and 8. Between 8 and 9, it works only about 10% of the time.

But, unless its a really tough card to find in that condition, I'd just forget it and move on. Once you tack on 2 grading fees plus the price of the card, you could have bought one.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!