Home Precious Metals

Would any of you PM guys with Washys be willing to put together a starter set FS?

Hey all,
I'm looking to do a silver Washington set and I have already purchased the keys in average circulated shape. I want the entire set to match. Circulated common dates from the set are usually found in the melt bin. I only have one B&M here locally to dig through but his stock is usually Morgans/Peace and halves. PLMK if anyone is willing to help me out.

I'd rather not go to eBay right off the bat. I thought about purchasing a mixed lot off of APMEX but am afraid of ending up with a tone of duplicates and their prices weren't all that wonderful either.
imageRIP

Comments

• RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    See, there's a demand. Well, if you can call two people a demand.
    imageRIP
  • AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    I put one together a set a year or so ago just from 90% I had purchased but I sold it close for 10x face & I think $90 for the 32d vg10. 32s was only missing coin. I purchased a partial filled album on BST last week so I'm doing it again image
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    If you give me a list, I can look through my 90% to see if I have anything you might want. I didn't see your post AgBlox but I will look as well although I'm pretty positive I won't have any BU ones. image
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    lol, BU was a joke image

On the other hand I just picked up 8 from my BST listing so take that Robb image
  • RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    If you got that Dansco starter lot, AgBlox, you got a good deal.

As for me, I am only doing the silver years. I only have two at the moment- the 32D and 32S. I'm wanting to complete the set with matching condition coins in the F/VF range. With a few exceptions most would be found for melt/$3 or so in the melt bin. Just got back from the B&M and he had a whopping $1.50 FV in silver- a Morgan and a Franklin. He's not dry, just moves it that damn fast.

imageRIP
  • mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    I have a complete Whitman folder of silver circ gw's and I can say that it is a very honest and refreshing set to pull out from time to time. BU is not the way to go in my opinion, there are other coins for that kind of ocd. Probably going to go to the b&m and buy up some quarter folders that are laying around being cannibalized and maybe try to put together a second one, they are that cool.