Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Can someone tell me about bccg

Hi,
I know that it is part of beckett but is it legit? I have seen countless cards from here and I can never buy them at the risk of EOT but since it is beckett they look for that right? Is it basically for people with cards who want a 2-3 grade bump and the cards are not trimmed. Please, someone tell me more info.
Thank you,
Jason

Also if you have ever gotten a cross from bccg to PSA please provide more info. Thanks!
My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Comments

• Options
    I have cracked a few BBCG slabs and subbed to PSA. Had 2 modern BCCG 10's that crossed to a PSA 10 but both were chrome cards that are a little stronger cardstock.

I cracked 3 (I think) BBCG 9's of older cards 1970's and 80's that all crossed to PSA 5-7.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Do not buy them unless you can inspect them in person. You can find some decent stuff and a whole lot of crap.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    JHS5120 and Lsu, you guys brothers or somethin'?
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923

<< <i>JHS5120 and Lsu, you guys brothers or somethin'? >>

ROFL!
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BCCG is geared to mass-submitters, such as home shopping networks, who want to have massive amounts of cards graded cheaply.

Their grading system runs from 5-10, meaning they have no grades under 5.

Here's a thread about them from Net54. Of particular interest, go to post #23 on page 3 (from GehrigFan). He is/was a Beckett employee, and has good information about BCCG.

BCCG Thread

Steve

Edited to fix a typo image
  • Options

<< <i>JHS5120 and Lsu, you guys brothers or somethin'? >>

bahahahahahahaha,, man thats funny,,bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Hi,
    I know that it is part of beckett but is it legit? I have seen countless cards from here and I can never buy them at the risk of EOT but since it is beckett they look for that right? Is it basically for people with cards who want a 2-3 grade bump and the cards are not trimmed. Please, someone tell me more info.
    Thank you,
    Jason

Also if you have ever gotten a cross from bccg to PSA please provide more info. Thanks! >>

Beckett is top notch. I think the difference with bccg, its a much cheaper case than a regular BVG/BGS case. So cheaper for huge submissions.
  • Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Beckett is top notch. I think the difference with bccg, its a much cheaper case than a regular BVG/BGS case. So cheaper for huge submissions. >>

Isnt the difference also that a BCCG graded 7 will be about a BVG 5?
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i><< Beckett is top notch. I think the difference with bccg, its a much cheaper case than a regular BVG/BGS case. So cheaper for huge submissions. >>

Isnt the difference also that a BCCG graded 7 will be about a BVG 5? >>

The number grades on BCCG cases are NOT the same as the numbers on a BGS or PSA case. They follow a totally different scale. You'll notice that a BCCG 7 says "Very Good or better" while a PSA 7 says "Near Mint".

Here's a handy-dandy chart to use to get an aproximation of what a BCCG card would grade in the normal 10 point system... (based on the grade description given on the BCCG cases)

PSA 9 / BCCG 10 = Mint or beter
    PSA 7 / BCCG 9 = Near Mint or better
    PSA 5 / BCCG 8 = Excellent or better
    PSA 3 / BCCG 7 = Very Good or better
    PSA 2 / BCCG 6 = Good or better
    PSA 1 / BCCG 5 = Poor or better
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to completely disagree with one point on here.

Beckett is absolutely "not" top notch when it comes to vintage cards. Most high grade beckett are either trimmed or overgraded when it comes to vintage. Before a few start to argue.......go buy some high grade BVG Mantle's and crack them out and send them to PSA and pray; because you will need it.

Beckett is the last place to go with vintage cards.
  • Options

<< <i>Beckett is the last place to go with vintage cards. >>

The Beckett holder is light years ahead of PSA's in terms of card protection and tamper-proofing.

• Options

<< <i>I'm going to completely disagree with one point on here.

Beckett is absolutely "not" top notch when it comes to vintage cards. Most high grade beckett are either trimmed or overgraded when it comes to vintage. Before a few start to argue.......go buy some high grade BVG Mantle's and crack them out and send them to PSA and pray; because you will need it.

Beckett is the last place to go with vintage cards. >>

So they would be a good choice for, say, a 55 Bowman Mays?
  • Options

<< <i>So they would be a good choice for, say, a 55 Bowman Mays? >>

GAI would probably be best for that.

• Options

<< <i>I'm going to completely disagree with one point on here.

Beckett is the last place to go with vintage cards. >>

I am not sure about that one. Speaking from experience, I cracked a 1977 Topps Dawson PSA 8 and subbed it to BGS about a month ago, it came back BVG 7.5. Won't be trying again that anytime soon.
  • Options
    Expect BCCG to be roughly 2 grades higher than SGC or PSA, a small sample (very) might cross close to the BCCG.