Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT: Please help me fight MS

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, it’s that time of the year again; fundraising for the BP MS150 charity ride from Houston to Austin, which will take place April 17 - 18, 2010. I decided to join forces this year with Saint Arnold Brewery and our meetings, obviously, have been stocked with adult beverages and good times. Last year, they raised almost $310K, 372 riders, awarded “most improved fundraising team” (along with several other awards), and floated 24 kegs. Wow!

For those who are unfamiliar with this two day event: Approximately 13,000 participants get on their bikes and ride +/- 170 miles to help raise funds for research, as well as comprehensive programs and services, for people with Multiple Sclerosis. Last year, even though Mother Nature did not cooperate the first day, we raised in excess of $17.3MM to help the 20,000+ Texans living with MS.

Please help by making a tax-deductable donation to my fundraising goal of $1,000. You may donate online to the MS secure website via my personal page:

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/barrysms150

If you would prefer to donate by check, please make it payable to “National MS Society” and PM me for a mailing address.

Any amount your feel comfortable giving is greatly appreciated. With your support and generosity, we raised in excess of $3,700 last year and made a positive impact in the lives of 20,000 men, women, and children living with MS.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Barry / stown
So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

Comments

• Options
    ttt
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for the donations!

Since I did get a PM or two about my charities, might as well address it here.

As y'all know, I'm a HUGE supporter of LIVESTRONG; however, the MS society is a fantastic charity as well. Without stealing too much thunder, there are reasons why I limited my fundraising goal to "only" $1,000. Just | read | and that's that.

Anyway, I'll be doing two rides this weekend: the Bull Dog Ride in Waller tomorrow and the Sun & Ski Spring Breakaway on Sunday. Each ride will be 55-miles and if we can finally get some clear skies, I'll take and post pictures.

I'm really looking forward to next weekend's ride in Bastrop (30 mins outside of ATX): Pedal thru the Pines. The ride goes through Bastrop State Park and is b-r-u-t-a-l! Good times.

Again, thank y'all so much for your continued support and generosity.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    From Saturday (with 20+ mph sustained winds [DOH!]):

From Sunday:

• Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    You truely are an inspiration Barry. Your many efforts are respected and admired. image

That old house picture is awesome. image
  • Options
    What a fantastic ride. 63 miles, 3:20 of riding time, and maxed out at 38 mph. Good times.

Inside Bastrop State Park.. Pictures had to be minimal due to the fact I didn't have much time to grab the camera. Some of the hills here so steep that if you stopped pedaling (sp?) for even a second, you would fall over. Number of times I tipped over = zero image

Start of about a 2 mile climb.

It probably took all of my energy to reach this top but was well worth it; I hit 38 mph going down.

Next weekend are two 70+ mile rides: Brookwood and The Great Escape.

• Options
    Ended up just short of 150 miles last weekend (148.5 to be exact):

Notice the cow is OUTSIDE of the fence. Would you enjoy the freedom or stick around for some food? Tough call...

Two rides this weekend: 71m at the Magnolia Miles and 70m for the Tour de Houston.

Fundraising currently at $1,545 with some checks pending!