Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Clad Era Washington Quarter Prices - Types B,M, and 1964D C.

I am stepping forth with faith that someday I will have something more to post here.

Also a 1970 D FS-801 PSGS 65 double die reverse sold there for $130. What interests me on that one is that it is a class III doubled die and one of working hubs was a Type M (not mentioned in the auction). With the bottom edge of the Eagle's wings strongly outlined, it even looks like a type M.

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    What are you referring to Herb? I could not find any PCGS MS67's on Sunday's offerings. 2/21/2010
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    <<What are you referring to Herb? I could not find any PCGS MS67's on Sunday's offerings. 2/21/2010 >>

Did I misquote the grade? It was the 1957 "B" with a price of $400 on it from 8 PM until the close when it disappeared. Did anybody else note it?

GOSH! Lee, I see what you mean. I had the wrong date.
  • Options
    what can you tell me about this ones reverse?

is it a type M reverse that is a doubled die?

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PAC - Excellent work!

In establishing prices for some of these coins in the Price Guide... the MS65 grade 1970-D DDR that sold on Teletrade last night at $149.50 with the juice...

Do you believe the Cherrypickers' listed price of $200 in that grade is too high based upon the estimated number of coins that exist out there? Is $150 too high for that matter? Likewise, for MS66 - is $300+ too high for the guide? Thoughts?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    <<In establishing prices for some of these coins in the Price Guide... the MS65 grade 1970-D DDR that sold on Teletrade last night at $149.50 with the juice...

Do you believe the Cherrypickers' listed price of $200 in that grade is too high based upon the estimated number of coins that exist out there? Is $150 too high for that matter? Likewise, for MS66 - is $300+ too high for the guide? Thoughts?>>

I don't claim to be an expert at all on pricing. Maybe some other folk can chime in. I figure there are about 100 unspectacular 1970 D class III doubled dies out there. So far only 2 (both of which have an additional doubling class) are recognized in the CPG.

• Options
    <<what can you tell me about this ones reverse?

is it a type M reverse that is a doubled die?>>

It is certainly a type M and I doubt that it is a class III doubled die. With the exception of some class III's, I am not very good at spotting traditional doubled dies. Many of the many 1970 D doubled dies also had differing degrees of rotation on them. It is as if alignment of the two different hubs was difficult. Yours could be a doubled die for some reason other than class III and I wouldn't catch it.

Type M does have some doubled hub doubling on it, which came from hub doubling on the circulation hub it was created from.
  • Options
    One 1968 S B quarter (in the form of 2 proof sets) sold on e-bay today for $28.77 + $3.99.
    It is rare to see a 1968 S B offered for sale. But I think you could cherry pick them out of dealer's stock quite easily.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>One 1968 S B quarter (in the form of 2 proof sets) sold on e-bay today for $28.77 + $3.99.
    It is rare to see a 1968 S B offered for sale. But I think you could cherry pick them out of dealer's stock quite easily. >>

Perhaps a couple different collectors wanted it for a reference set.

These aren't that easy a cherry-pick.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    << These aren't that easy a cherry-pick.>>

What per centage are B's, would you estimate?

I know they are impossible to cherry-pick on ebay because hardly anybody will show the reverse of the coin.

I have been using the figure of about 25%. The listing dealer said he went through hundreds of sets and found 4 B's.
  • Options

<< <i><< These aren't that easy a cherry-pick.>>

What per centage are B's, would you estimate?

I know they are impossible to cherry-pick on ebay because hardly anybody will show the reverse of the coin.

I have been using the figure of about 25%. The listing dealer said he went through hundreds of sets and found 4 B's. >>

Interesting. I'll have to check my sets and see what's there because I distinctly got the feeling that the Type B was more common.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    1 out of 16 Herb.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Sunday night on Teletrade:
    A 1970 D doubled die FS-802 PCGS 65 sold for $170.
    I mention this since a type M hub is involved.
  • Options
    Teletrade Sunday April 25, 2010

There was a 1970 D PCGS 67 unattributed type M (not at all surprising that a 1970 D in the trade would be a type M) at $80 at 9:57 PM that in the end did not sell.

A 1964 D Type C PCGS 63 was at $240, but also did not sell.
  • Options
    On Teletrade tonight
    A 1970 D FS-801 Doubled die (1 die being a type M) ANACS 65 sold for $75.

On Ebay
    A pair of proof 1968 S types B and M sold for $8.50.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file