Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Early quarter set imaging complete

Pcgs posted the remainder of the images for my early quarter set for those interested in that series. Some of the varieties are pop 5 total for all grades.

Walser early quarter set
Bill

My Other Hobby

Comments

• Options
    Those drapped bust are some of my favorite designs. Nice set so far Bill and great images as usual
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Great going, that is one thing about your registry is that you share. I just got my first drapped bust quarter this weekend, a PCGS 1807 in VG08. I don't think I'll ever complete a set. Just let me know when you want to get rid of some of your "lower" grade capped bust so I can add them to MY collection.

Keep on collecting!!!

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a fantastic set, Bill, and I love that 1807. Also the 1796, 1804, 1805, 1818, 1820 large O, and 1822 25/50c, which are all very rare and/or attractive. I'd be happy to own any one of them, so I can imagine how proud you must be of your achievement.

Anybody know a good way to clean the keyboard after you've drooled on it?

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    I vote for 1818 and 1831.

Oh, this isn't a poll? image

Thanks for posting images Bill !!
  • Options
    Bill, very nice job on your set and the images!

I also like the 1831 in MS63, and that golden 1818 looks super lustrous from the scan!

Ken
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

I add two new ones today in Baltimore. A 1818/5(tough variety)in MS64 and an upgrade for the 1822 to AU55. I'll image them early next week.
    Bill

My Other Hobby
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does everybody spell it with two P's? image

LordM will now be a jerk and point out the correct spelling of DRAPED Bust.

I see that two-P thing all the time and it finally made me go mental. image

Nice coins, BTW, Mr. Walser. Heck, nice doesn't even begin to cover it.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill--that is one impressive set. I'm delighted you've taken the trouble to photograph them and put them up for us to admire. Quite an education!
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Bill,
    Very impressive. I hope to have one near as nice some day for my type set!

That 1804 sure looks nicer then VF25.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    toyonakatarotoyonakataro Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    Wow! That's a great set!
    Thanks for sharing pictures with us.
    I especially like your 1818 and of course, 1796image
  • Options
    keojkeoj Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    Excellent set in a very, very tough series. Great job on the images. An outstanding accomplishment.

A quick whine....anyone want to tell me why PCGS includes these varieties on early Quarters and has eliminated the 1876-CC DDR from the Trade Dollar series altogether? Not even an optional coin anymore. I'm still baffled.

keoj
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NIce coins Bill. Some may upgrade!!

Tbig