Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Venezuelan Mailday for my Santo collection

Pop 2 with none higher

Pop 1 with none higher

Pop 1 with 3 higher

Pop 1 with 1 higher

Comments

• bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    I'm SO confused. Is that Ex5 1967 really better than that 4 1968?? I guess corners DO rule.

All that aside - GREAT cards!!
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • tyweb1tyweb1 Posts: 528 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm SO confused. Is that Ex5 1967 really better than that 4 1968?? I guess corners DO rule.

All that aside - GREAT cards!! >>

I am not quite myself except for the corners. The darkening on the left of 67 probably kept the card from being an 8 when I look at examples of other 67's. They are just so hard to find in any condition.

Thanks for your comments.
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Very nice cards for the type . I have a couple of 67's that are 4's. I like them.

I like your's better , because mine's are commons and your's are all-stars.

image-- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    very nice ven's but thats not a psa 5...
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Nice cards. Agree with all the questions on the 1967 - "5". Anyone have any Venezuelans to sell me? Looking for the following:

Mantle, Mays, Clemente, Aaron, Rose, Yastrzemski, Ryan, Bench, Koufax - All 1972 and prior Venezuelan issues. Will consider almost any grades or ungraded. Thanks.

-Howard
  • QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    image[/IMG]
    imageimage[/IMG]
    imageimage[/IMG]

The Santo collection is looking great!!! Just thought I would share some Brooks (another good 3rd baseman) with everyone. These cards are tough to find in any condition. You would think there was a couple of these cards out there that WASNT pasted into a book....doesnt seem that way!
    imageimage[/IMG]

Not from South America but from Japan!
    Those are some nice Robinson's. On my 67 the back is very clean. I don't know if that made any difference or not. At least 3 people at PSA thought it was good enough for a 5 so I guess it is one of those cards that somehow slips through on the positive side of the system. The GOD must have had the day off.
  • I collect about anything Concepcion, and the guy is still reverenced down in Venezuela..I feel great when anything Ven comes back 4 or better.
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some nice looking Venezuelan's. Anything better than a PSA 4 is hard to find.

Congrats on the 5, but not quite sure it is properly graded...image

Donato

Edited to add:
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
    I have always like your Ryan rookie. Thanks for posting your stamp as well.

Here are my other 2 Vens

<< <i>I have always like your Ryan rookie. Thanks for posting your stamp as well. >>

You have quite a nice run of Ron Santo Venezuelan cards...image

I'm glad Nolan Ryan does not have that many, or I would be broke or go crazy trying to find them...Donato

P.S.

Thanks for the kind words on my Ryan Venezuelan...
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

• KILLER '77!!! Wow! I think that one may be tougher than the rookie which is also AMAZING! Did you recently (last few months) win that '72 on ebay? If it's the same one I'm thinking of, that back/1 grade would have been really dissapointing. Not that I'm looking for more competition, but it amazes me that the true scarcity of the Venezuelans seems only to be appreciated by the player collectors! Nice Brooks collection Scott!

-Howard

<< <i>KILLER '77!!! Wow! I think that one may be tougher than the rookie which is also AMAZING! Did you recently (last few months) win that '72 on ebay? If it's the same one I'm thinking of, that back/1 grade would have been really dissapointing. Not that I'm looking for more competition, but it amazes me that the true scarcity of the Venezuelans seems only to be appreciated by the player collectors! Nice Brooks collection Scott!

-Howard >>

Hi Howard...

Thanks for you kind words on the Venezuelan items. I appreciate it...

No, I did not recently win the '72 Venezuelan on eBay. I've had it for over 8 years. Got it graded a few years back. It may have been the first or second graded at the time.

I agree that with the exception of a few set collectors that collect these, most of the appreciation for these Venezuelan cards is from player collectors.

Donato

• redlegsredlegs Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are my two Dave Concepcion Venezuelan cards.

I am still looking for a nice 1977 Johnny Bench Venezuelan that is graded higher than a PSA 1.

Very nice Reds vens. I have 3 more Vens arriving this week. I will throw some scans up by the weekend.
    Here are my latest Vens to arrive. That completes the Santo master set of Vens for me which is nice. I will only be looking to upgrade in the future.

I picked up a 62 and both 72 stickers.

wow those 72 stamps look nicer then a psa 1 and 3...are the backs really bad?
    The back is perfect on the 3 but stained on the 1. I think the 3 could easily be a 6 but they grade those stamps so low.
    Nice pickups on the Santo's. The Stamps especially look amazing...imageimage

Donato

• I love the Concepcions..I have a few in raw form that I need to send.
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!