Home Sports Talk
Options

Did anyone watch the Women's Snowboarding Halfpipe last night?

Were some of them really competing with Ipods on???
Kelly Clark pulled something out of her pocket right before her run. I thought it was a cell phone.
But then I noticed her and a couple other women had wires hanging out of there ears. There's
something about competing in the Olympics wearing an Ipod that is just totally wrong.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been glued to the TV set watching Women's Olympic ice hockey.
  • Options
    Only about 19,500,000 people from Australia!!! That would be 99.99% of the population making sure they saw Torah Bright claiming winter gold for a country where their idea of snow tires are just adding chains to the bald summer rubber.

Who would've thought the Olympics would add surfing on snow to the winter sched. Perrrrfect.
    Collecting HOF RC's in hockey, baseball, football and basketball. A fool's errand some have said.
  • Options
    I'm surprised it's taken you guys this long to reach these astounding realizations. First it's how snowboarders apparently aren't dressed well enough to enter a country club, and now it's someone listening to music during their run on an IPOD! Blasphemy!!!!!!!! You'd think they're all doing steroids or something....

Seriously, why does it matter???
  • Options

<< <i>I'm surprised it's taken you guys this long to reach these astounding realizations. First it's how snowboarders apparently aren't dressed well enough to enter a country club, and now it's someone listening to music during their run on an IPOD! Blasphemy!!!!!!!! You'd think they're all doing steroids or something....

Seriously, why does it matter??? >>

So when Johnny Damon is standing in center with his Ipod on, that's going to be cool?
  • Options

<< <i>

So when Johnny Damon is standing in center with his Ipod on, that's going to be cool? >>

How is Johnny Damon related to snowboarding or even the Olympics? Anyways, Johnny Damon has to be able to hear direction from teammates for calling each other off on fly balls, and to react to the crack of the bat, among other things. Shaun White doesn't have to do that. He just needs to get in his own groove and compete...no communication required.