Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Grades Popped blues!

I cracked out 10 PSA cards and sent them in hoping to upgrade. Of the 10, 4 were not grades due to a variety of reason, (2) evidence of trimming, (1) miscut and (1) minimum size requirements. I understand subjectivity in grading score, but wonder how there can be such inconsistency in the card size grading. Two of the other 6 went up in grade. Thoughts on what I should do?

Comments

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    nothing u can do but try again
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Send the 4 that didn't grade to one of the big submitters to have them send in for you.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously though, if you have scans of those 4 before you cracked them, send them to Joe O. and explain what happened.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

<< <i>I cracked out 10 PSA cards and sent them in hoping to upgrade. Of the 10, 4 were not grades due to a variety of reason, (2) evidence of trimming, (1) miscut and (1) minimum size requirements. I understand subjectivity in grading score, but wonder how there can be such inconsistency in the card size grading. Two of the other 6 went up in grade. Thoughts on what I should do? >>

I hear ya Bill....disappointing! I feel your pain! What I've done is just watch on-line for the graded card(s) I need...and gooooooo for it! In the long run it's the only way to go. I have experienced exactly the same thing you are (with sending in cards) HOPEING for a nice graded card in return and getting a miscut or authentic return stamp.

Hang in there and best of luck!

David...