Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumpin' Jeehoseyphat, man! A BU?!?

That's crazy.

Fairly obvious that somebody ignorant stole Daddy's collection, eh?

I thought the color-toned AU+++ (borderline BU) 1950-something Jeff I got out of the till at work was something, but that's nuts for a circulation find.

I got a BU 1940 Jeff with nearly full steps out of a bank roll of then-new 1992-P nickels, back in '92. That was crazy, too. And then there's the odd time or two I've gotten a proof in change. But that is the first BU Wheatie I've heard of being found in change in MY lifetime.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.. that is awesome.... full red too... must have been sealed in a flip to be preserved like that. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Or a roll. I once got some wheat cents in change at my local grocery store. When I saw what I was being given I asked the young lady if I could have all the pennies in the drawer and she gave them to me. I think there were about 20 wheaties in there. Nothing special but hey, a wheat cent is a wheat cent.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    I got a roll of solid Wheaties at a bank, once, but they weren't BU!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Damnnnnnnnn that is a pretty penny!!! Have you considered having it graded? -Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Very SWEEET!! I just received a 1939 dime in change about a 1/2 hr ago. Great day for all.
  • Options
    I have NEVER gotten a Mercury dime in circulation.

Got a few Buffalo nickels way back when, most of them dateless.

• Options
    my favorite wheat and why? the year mom was born.rip mamma!!!!
  • Options
    Holy Cow!...That is one beaut!..Somebody's dad is gonna be pissed...image
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many like this end up in a CoinStar machineimage
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Superb find! Hopefully junior didn't raid daddy's coin collection. Think he cracked it out of a PCGS slab to because he was a cent short for ice cream?
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    WOW!!! That's nice. I get excited when I find a 1960ish penny in that condition.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options

<< <i>I have NEVER gotten a Mercury dime in circulation.

Got a few Buffalo nickels way back when, most of them dateless. >>

It really surprised me. It's in xf+ condition. I really like the cent, nice red color.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow!!! ya gotta love that. i never got one like that in change before congrats
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always liked that holed King of Siam set. Is it in a genuine holder now?