Home PSA Set Registry Forum

which Topps year depicts the '04 Red Sox WS team?

It appears that the 2005 Topps set depicts most of the cards for the Red Sox WS of '04. However, wouldn't the Update or Traded sets of Topps '05 also come into play? The '05 update set continas an Edgar Renteria card in a Red Sox uniform, he of course was the last out of the '04 WS, so he wouldn't be in the '04 mix.

There is also a "special" 2005 Topps offering of 55 cards, which clearly depict the WS players and post season WS play. This set happens to contain a Dave Roberts card, which is not in the regular 2004 or 2005 Topps sets...he of course was key to keeping the Red Sox alive in game 4 with a stolen base and then scoring to take the game into overtime. IOW, no Dave Roberts, no WS win. These cards also have a small WS logo at the bottom right of each card.

So, my dilema is which set to collect and send in for grading. Currently there is only a "regular" 2004 Red Sox set in the Registry, I think this set depicts the 2003 Red Sox team, and not the 2004 WS champs.

Which set in your opinion is the most correct Topps set to display the 2004 Red Sox WS accomplishment? I'm leaning heavily to the '05 special 55 card set.

Comments