Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

The official 2010 Allen & Ginter thread (a few more pics added 2/19/10)

Looks like some sneak preview pictures have surfaced. Slightly different design - enough to excite collectors, or does it really matter what A&G looks like as long as new & interesting subsets & autos are provided?

imageimageimage

Comments

• never collected them, they keep the same general design, year after year?
  • I believe I will purchase a pack or two of these.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe I will purchase a pack or two of these. >>

hey, that's my line image

• Hey now, I started the official thread already!

Glad to see some pics coming out... this should stave off my urge to buy the regular Topps set (must, resist, urge, to participate in million card giveaway....)
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Sorry, but when I see cards like "Monsters of the Mesazoic", it gives me the picture of a bunch of suits sitting around a conference table laughing and saying "See!! See!!! They'll buy ANYTHING!!! What can we feature next?? Pretty rocks throughout history???"

----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey now, I started the official thread already!

Glad to see some pics coming out... this should stave off my urge to buy the regular Topps set (must, resist, urge, to participate in million card giveaway....) >>

oops! I'm sorry! I've got my settings to show 100 threads & posts at a time, and I searched the first five or so pages of threads and figured one hadn't been created yet. If you want, I can edit this title, and you can post the pics in yours.

• << <i>

<< <i>Hey now, I started the official thread already!

Glad to see some pics coming out... this should stave off my urge to buy the regular Topps set (must, resist, urge, to participate in million card giveaway....) >>

oops! I'm sorry! I've got my settings to show 100 threads & posts at a time, and I searched the first five or so pages of threads and figured one hadn't been created yet. If you want, I can edit this title, and you can post the pics in yours. >>

Leave this one. It starts with pictures! I only posted one a few weeks ago because I was bored.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter

• << <i>Sorry, but when I see cards like "Monsters of the Mesazoic", it gives me the picture of a bunch of suits sitting around a conference table laughing and saying "See!! See!!! They'll buy ANYTHING!!! What can we feature next?? Pretty rocks throughout history???" >>

Thanks for the good laugh...I too can picture this easily..except its a bunch of guys with ripmaster coats on sitting around the table talking way too loud..
    Collecting 49 Bowman Master set..both raw/graded
  • jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    When does this set come out?
    -- Ryan Bell
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When does this set come out? >>

Last year, I think it was June/July.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
    I just hope the autos have a better checklist this year. The autograph of the special olympics bowler and the sheep-shearing champion just weren't doing it for me last year.

-Michael
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Tony Hawk autos a nice start. I hope they add a ufc fighter or 10.
  • A&G gets uglier every year. I wish they would have continued the original 2006 design.
  • Looks like this is the font they were aiming for.

Nice preview picks TNZ. Hey guys, if its not too much of an annoyance, I'm going to post my "still need" list from the A&G autos from 2009.

Still need (autos only) -Brian Berg, Billy The Marlin, Cat Osterman, Clyde Parris, David Wright, Frank Evans, Iris Kyle, Jeff Francouer, Jose Reyes, Jason Werth, Lynne Cox, Lashawn Merritt, Miguel Cabrera, Ryan Howard, Ryan Church, Robbie Maddison, Shani Davis, Walter Eller, Will Simpson, and Yuto Miyazawa.

Extras (autos only)- Alexi Casilla, Cameron Maybin, Dominique Wilkins (I have an extra red), Burke Kenny, Jack Cust, John Higby, Josh Johnson, Juan Rivera, Matt Kemp, Max Scherzer, Scott Olson, Troy Tulowitski.

Would love to make another dent in this set if anyone has extra autos left from 2009... I'll bet there are a few who started the set, then gave up and maybe have a dozen or so laying around. Thanks.

-Michael

• << <i>never collected them, they keep the same general design, year after year? >>

Not much they can do to change it after these past few years without getting too far away from the original A&G.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    New info posted by Andrew/All In Cards over on FCB:

Product info: Each Allen & Ginter 24-Count Hobby Box contains a combination of any THREE of the following cards:
    Autograph Cut Signature, Rip Relic, Printing Plate
    PLUS One Box Loader
    6 cards, plus 1 Mini Parallel and 1 This Day in History card per pack!

Release Date: 6/21/2010

Configuration:
    8 Cards per Pack
    24 Packs per Box
    12 Boxes per Case
  • psu92psu92 Posts: 283
    Is the release date still June 21, 2010?
  • psu92psu92 Posts: 283
    Is the release date still June 21, 2010?

<< <i>Is the release date still June 21, 2010? >>

Week of June 25th

• WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    someone needs to post a pic of that Howard bat knob/ Pujols Letterman dual booklet. THAT would be a nice pull.
    If anyone wants to go in on a case, let me know. There are a few on Ebay for $799. I could take 1/3 or 1/2 of the 12 boxes.

-Michael