Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Hot PCGS MS Kennedys on Teletrade Wednesday

The following Kennedys all recently graded by PCGS are up for bidding on Teletrade Wednesday the 20th. 1967 PCGS 66, 1968-D PCGS 66, 1971-D PCGS 67, 1973 PCGS 67, 1979 PCGS 66, 1988-P PCGS 66, 1996-D PCGS 67. Good luck!imageimage

Comments

• Options
    misterRmisterR Posts: 2,305 ✭✭
    That is todayimageimage:
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    Hows about a link to your auctions? Thanks.
    Matt
  • Options
    $320 for the 1973 in ms67 nice!!!!! for the seller. I but a bid on it for $260. That coin would have sold for a little over $100
    last year. I saw a 1998P in ms66 for over $100 on ebay last week. I have a nice collection and plan on holding it. I would
    like to up grade. I wounder if I will get one at $260 someday or if the rest of my collection will continue to rise in value.

I would like to thank Scott Travers. I read the one minute coin expert and he had a section on modern coins. thats when I
    started picking up high grade Kennedys. I followed many of the rules of coin collecting. I stayed focused. I worked on the
    harder coins first and I bought the best I could. I am the one minute coin expert. My grading skills are not that great.
    I buy most of my coins sight unseen. so I guess I do buy the plastic, as in much as I trust pcgs graders. I worked
    on my collection because I enjoy the hunt. Kennedys in ms67 are truely rare coins for many dates. Mr Travers was correct.
    Lincolns, walkers, Buffalo nickels are mature markets with little chance for big price increases. It is the fact that so many people
    resisted clad coinage that has helped it. It is real US coinage as much as the some collectors wish it wasn't. It will be collected
    by coin collectors in the future. I'm 37 and didn't see any silver in circulation in my lifetime.

I believe in the laws of supply and demand. I also collect Newfoundland Vicky Halves. the total mintage was less than
    a million for all dates. I like them because they are old and I can get them in nice condition cheep. They are rare but
    the demand is small. Some classic collectors will tell you that total rarity is so important. This is not true it is all about supply
    and demand. I am predicting the collector base for Kennedy halve dollars to grow.
    Not many people liked the Franklins when they came out and look at the collector base now.

Not all moderns in high grade are rare. a collection of 199* pr69dcams are spectacular but not very rare due to the fact that most of
    the production of proofs is of such high quality.

I love the debates about pricing relative to other coins. I think poeple are correct about the SAE (silver american eagle)
    the rare one from west point. rare at 60K all surviving. it goes for a couple thousand. you could get some nice 19th cent
    proofs for that money. I think in 50 years the you would be better off with a 19th cen proof.

What will a 1973 ms67 kennedy be worth in relation to a 1940 ms66 walker in 50 years. I would love to know.

I am very impressed by people who can make money at deciding which are upgrades and which belong in lower
    grade slabs (knowledge is power). I think internet type collectors like me will continue to grow.