Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Panini Stickers

I've been doing a little research trying to track down some early cards of popular modern (1970- present) athletes in sports other than the 4 major ones.. and found that the panini stickers were made for most. the 1970 arthur ashe, pele and 1966 cassius clay are all really good looking cards.. in my opinion. and in the age of PSA slabs.. the stock the cards are printed on doesn't mean all that much anymore.. so the fact that these are stickers doesn't really matter to me. anyways.. i've been checking ebay..but haven't seen many of these.. doe anyone know what these have been selling for.. or know of a better place to look for these. i'm also interested in some tennis and boxing form the 80s.
Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

Comments

• DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't look like too many people collect these. I have quite a few basketball panini's that I have accumulated when I was collecting Hall of Famers.

Also, I have a near complete set of 1970 Panini with original album if you are interested (the stickers are not stuck to the album). The Ashe is PSA 9. (I think I sold the PELE.)

I also have a 1968 Lew Alcindor that has a glue stain on the back.

These are not stickers, but have a very flimsy stock and are condition sensitive. The cards were simply glued to the albums. I obtained most of mine from sellers in spain and italy.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    There are some really nice old ones out there. I have only two, 1987 Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield. Holyfield BGS 8 I have on Ebay here: Holyfield BGS 8 PSA link
  • royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    I bought this one a couple of years ago for less than $5 including shipping. I thought it was pretty neat:

Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001