Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

New shipping question: overseas apo box?

Just had a Canada shipping question answered.
Now what about shipping to an apo box overseas?
Is it normal usps cost or more?
is it covered for routine DC by usps that PP would endorse?
Anyone have any problems doing this?

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
1948-76 Topps FB Sets
FB & BB HOF Player sets
1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

Comments

• Options
    I haven't done it recently, but when I was in the Air Force I used an APO when I was stationed overseas. When people shipped things to me it was just standard shipping rates, not an overseas rate.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    What's an APO box?
    Collecting HOF RC's in hockey, baseball, football and basketball. A fool's errand some have said.
  • Options
    For servicemen/women it is an address that they can receive their mail while stationed overseas. So instead of a guy's mom having to shell out the postage to send a letter to Germany for her son stationed there, she sends the letter to New York at regular postage and it gets forwarded.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Gotcha. Thanks.
    Collecting HOF RC's in hockey, baseball, football and basketball. A fool's errand some have said.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭
    As my wide's nephew was recently in Irac...we shipped boxes of goodies many times...nio problems.
    If ya all knew me...you would know how much I respect and honor the Men/Woman serving in our military.
    I would ship to them even at a loss.
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    DC is available for APO but SC is not. The cost to ship to the APO zip is the same as a non-APO zip in the same area, except for the large flat rate box which actually goes at a discounted rate.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭
    I shipped today. Same rate to an apo addy.
    However DC is only to an initial destination..such as NYC from here in albany NY.
    Beyond that the Army has it and nothing is tracked so you are only confirming the Army has it not final destination.
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets