Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1978 sports deck playing cards, Stabler

Hey....Anyone know where I can purchase a 1978 unopened 1978 Ken Stabler sports deck of cards? Thanx...

Comments

• Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    If you find one,please ask for 2,I have been looking forever,no luck.
    I will do the same for you,the stabler registry is getting out of hand.

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    You got it J.R. I will...if...I ever find any. They must be around somewhere. I feel that with the addition of ALL these playing cards it has killed this set. Pretty sorry. I have written the registry but they will not change anything.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>You got it J.R. I will...if...I ever find any. They must be around somewhere. I feel that with the addition of ALL these playing cards it has killed this set. Pretty sorry. I have written the registry but they will not change anything. >>

All this belly-aching over a set with 71 required items? Somewhere out there a guy working on the Griffey Master Set just peed his pants laughing.
  • Options

No belly aching here,you have any 78 unopened sports deck?
    Two thumbs up to the Master Griffey collectors,now go change and buy some more Griffeys.
    Thanks for your input.

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options

<< <i>No belly aching here,you have any 78 unopened sports deck?
    Two thumbs up to the Master Griffey collectors,now go change and buy some more Griffeys.
    Thanks for your input.

J.R. >>

I don't collect the Griffey Master Set. And I'm sorry the Stabler registry has ballooned to 71 items, and has officially gotten out of hand.

Happy collecting,
    Guy
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>No belly aching here,you have any 78 unopened sports deck?
    Thanks for your input.

J.R. >>

I don't collect the Griffey Master Set. And I'm sorry the Stabler registry has ballooned to 71 items, and has officially gotten out of hand.

Happy collecting,
    Guy >>

I'm sorry it has to,

The most happiest collector,
    J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    Hey Boopotts...You refer to the Ken Griffey master set..now that's apples to oranges. I wonder how those Griffey collectors would feel if someone added another 56 cards to their set? That's what we are talking about.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be worse. Take a look at the Nolan Ryan Master Set, with all the early 1990s Pacific cards! image

Steve
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Boopotts...You refer to the Ken Griffey master set..now that's apples to oranges. I wonder how those Griffey collectors would feel if someone added another 56 cards to their set? That's what we are talking about. >>

Everyone sees this issue differently, and that's OK. Speaking personally, I would not begin putting together a master set of any player if having 56 cards added to the set was going to decrease the enjoyment I took in putting the set together. But, as with everything else, there's room under the tent for everyone.
  • Options
    What was my original question?... I'm looking to purchase a 1978 Sports Deck Ken Stabler playing card set....please advise if you know where I can get an unopened set. Make it 2 sets, one for my friend J.R. Thanx a bunch !!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey Boopotts...You refer to the Ken Griffey master set..now that's apples to oranges. I wonder how those Griffey collectors would feel if someone added another 56 cards to their set? That's what we are talking about. >>

Everyone sees this issue differently, and that's OK. Speaking personally, I would not begin putting together a master set of any player if having 56 cards added to the set was going to decrease the enjoyment I took in putting the set together. But, as with everything else, there's room under the tent for everyone. >>

Actually the 2 people here doing the set see it the same,the one not doing it
    see's it his/hers way.You run across any 78 sports deck playing cards,you let us know,thanks.

Still a happy collector!,
    J.R,
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    the rose master set has 2 decks in it, 108 extra cards and i love them..its the fun of it and the thrill.. hey guy...
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    You have a chance to get stabler decks?If so,I would make it worth
    your while,I do have fun with all my sets,you know how it is to be on the lookout
    for that one slimjim,nesttles,stand-up,etc. card,if your like me,looking every day for it,
    now all of a sudden you need a whole deck,never even seen half a deck,much less a whole deck.
    Anyway if you or anybody else comes across any 78 stabler cards,keep 2 friendly Raider fans in mind.
    Thanks,take care

J.R.

Defensewins-Turn your pm on
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8