Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Show off your card room /man cave...

I know there has been a thread on this before, but it is pretty old and half the pics are broken links now. I really enjoy seeing people who have their collections displayed. I also enjoy seeing the really neat sports rooms, I really look forward to building mine when I upgrade to a larger home. I remember someone has their cards in display shelves by decade and they have most all key rookies, they also have a tobacco card mounted on a plaque that I cannot recall who it is. I would really like to see that display again as I could not find the old post of it.

Comments

• Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    All of my cards are in the closet in either binders for my Yankee team sets or top loaders for my good cards. I know this is a sportcard site but my mancave (if you can actually call it that) is filled with Star Wars items. A picture was sent in to Star Wars insider magazine once. Unfortunately, pictures do not really do it justice. You have to be in the room to feel the force all around you. I can try a picture if there is interest.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Looks like I picked the wrong team last winter image view is walking into the room and then turning counter clockwise, John

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to, but I can't. My card room is guarded by a miniature lion who keeps watch over all my cardboard and hates having his picture taken. If I were to try, he would maul me and I just can't take that risk.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the Baseball Card pictorial desk reference book. Someone should scan that to the interwebs for all of us to use. By that I mean the Topps issued book 1951 - present (or thereabouts) and the other book, which I own, that lists a bunch of non-topps. And is AWESOME!!
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    If the day comes for a second child my "man room" will be gone. Not as catastrophic as it might've been once upon a time as there are several pieces that do not mean as much as they once did. Selling them off might give me the opportunity to pick up some nice pieces that are small enough to fit in a box.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jmoran19...

I'm not a huge football fan, but let me say that is a great looking room...image

The colors work great together...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    The cards are on a shelf, outside of the viewing area. Whaddaya think?
  • Options
    Here are the pictures of what eveyone calls the "Star Wars room." On the walls are all the original posters from the movies. The shelves contain all the prop blasters and lightsabers. Also on the walls are the original record albums from the 70s and early 80s along with the first comic issue of Star Wars. There is also a pin set made to celebrate the 25 anniversary of the original movie. The book shelf contains every novel ever made about the movie along with the continuation of the stories after Return of the Jedi (Last I counted there are 125 books in the case.) In the chest where the cat is sleeping are every card set along with the stickers ever made about the movie (There are 56 card sets so far). The closet contains all of the vintage figures (minus the last 13 that I still need to get) along with about 100 of the newer figures that came out after 1990. People tell me I need some help. Non-Star Wars fans think it is crazy but fans of the movie love the room.

• Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Love your Star Wars room! What are those cases you have the weapons in? Are they store bought or custom made? Do you have a close-up picture you can post?

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that Salacious Crumb in the last pic? image
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Skywalker ... I agree with you ... you DO need help! (I am not a SW fan) LOL HOWEVER, I can see all the Star Wars fans DROOLING over that room. A job well done! ENJOY IT!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    John,

Nice room! I'd like to see some close-ups of all that unopened material you have in that cabinet!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Love your Star Wars room! What are those cases you have the weapons in? Are they store bought or custom made? Do you have a close-up picture you can post? >>

The cases are plexiglas and they came from the company thatI bought the props from. Each case was designed specifically for each prop.
  • Options
    UphillUphill Posts: 360 ✭✭
    72skywalker

That must be the room that seals the deal with the chicks, eh?

By the way, I DO think the room is cool.
    Jamie

Looking for Charlie (Charley) Maxwell cards.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd love to, but I can't. My card room is guarded by a miniature lion who keeps watch over all my cardboard and hates having his picture taken. If I were to try, he would maul me and I just can't take that risk. >>

imo, miniature dragons are more easily socialized.
  • Options

<< <i>72skywalker

By the way, I DO think the room is cool. >>

The room came out after I was married and after my wife realized that I tricked her into thinking I was cool.
  • Options
    UphillUphill Posts: 360 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>72skywalker

By the way, I DO think the room is cool. >>

The room came out after I was married and after my wife realized that I tricked her into thinking I was cool. >>

I believe that's how most of us do it.image
    Jamie

Looking for Charlie (Charley) Maxwell cards.
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrmint23...

Holy $hit, that's a lotta stuff. I love the way you have some of your cards displayed on the wall...image

Would love to do that some day...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    My stuff is all put away out of necessity
    Between the kids, the dog, the kids' friends, the dogs' friends, and my wife and all her nosy girlfriends, there's no way I'd have my stuff out in the open like that.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    Skywalker, how much will you take for a working light saber?

EDIT: just priced those high end replicas and they are nice, but I want one that really slices peoples' hands off.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    I have 2 rooms,one for just sets,sorting,all my Jordans,modern stuff,then theres this room,

My other room,

I feel like every thing is out of place after looking thru the pics,I am going to take
    a few days off and get some things in order,nice room Mr Mint,I need to be better organized!

Edit-Anybody else collect Jordan shoes?I 'm up to 65 pairs,lonmg way to go!

Almost forgot about my Celtics Auto'd piece.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    Sweet pictures. Just when you think you roomis nice someone comes around and has to out do you. Congrats to all who have nice rooms.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Great pics everyone!!

Mine is too messy right now. It would be embarrassing to show. One of these days...
  • Options
    WOW GUYS ... you have some AMAZING rooms! I hope that you get to enjoy them often!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    thanks everyone!!

Doug, all the packs except the 1974 ones are dummy packs but here's a closer pic of the baseball and basketball shelves, John

• Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    Kirk, phenomenal stuff! You know i love it! GoRaiders got some luv for you too! Nice!

JB
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    You people think I'm kidding about the miniature lion but I'm not.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Love looking at all the great setups. I always get some new ideas from looking.

Here is my cave ( although I must admit my teenage son and his buddies are the ones that live down here ).

It is a Redskins, Senators, Orioles and Bullets/Wizards SHRINE!!!!

The last wall is dedicated to the C-A-P-S CAPS, CAPS,CAPS. (work in progress )

Redskins fans welcome.

Cowboys fans pay at the door !

Thanks for sharing.

The tour starts at the bottom of the basement stairs.

Keep the pictures coming.
    I love looking at other collections and rooms.
    Great thread.
    Thanks for starting this.
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx for sharing guys - great pics!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    OriolesOrioles Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    Here are pictures of my basement. Took advantage of the snow storm to load new pictures. Lots of pictures, enjoy!
    Jim

• Options
    Love the 71 poster sheet crazylegs!

• Options
    Orioles- Your collection is awesome. Who signed the USC and the Michigan helmets?
  • Options
    Thanks! The USC helmet is Reggie Bush. The UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE helmet (Michigan...ha!) is Joe Flacco.
  • Options
    crazylegs,
    .What a great room,man
    Is there a Sammy Baugh auto'd
    football in there?I just held one the other day,thought to myself,man Baugh held this ball.
    My local guy has one for sale,$200,with baugh coa,sound like a good price?Great room again!

Oriloes,
    I see you got my Wagner,knew I left it somewhere,just drop
    it in the mail after the snowstorm,thanks.Wow,what a room,I got alot of work to do!
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Wow .... Awesome Pictures one and all !!!!

Jim, you are beyound organized, very impressive.

Are those PSA holders, holding the slabbed cards upright ....... or perhaps some other??
    Please let me know as I would like to know where you found those, if you would be so kind.
    Thanks!
    Kirk

• Options
    Kirk - thanks. Yes, they are PSA holders. I bought them from PSA several years ago. I can't find them on their site anymore, so i'm not sure if they sell them still. Just did a quick search of ebay and here is a link to someone selling something like it (much more than I remember paying). Here is the link:

PSA stands
  • Options

<< <i>crazylegs,
    .What a great room,man
    Is there a Sammy Baugh auto'd
    football in there?I just held one the other day,thought to myself,man Baugh held this ball.
    My local guy has one for sale,$200,with baugh coa,sound like a good price?Great room again!

Oriloes,
    I see you got my Wagner,knew I left it somewhere,just drop
    it in the mail after the snowstorm,thanks.Wow,what a room,I got alot of work to do! >>

I do have a Baugh ball. $200 is a decent price if authentic. I'd go for it.
    Everyone needs a Slingin Sammy Ball. There will never be anyone like him !!! imo
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options

<< <i>Love the 71 poster sheet crazylegs! >>

Thanks.
    I had to have it with Sonny and Larry Brown both on it. My 2 favorites all time.
    Plus Unitas. How can you go wrong?
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options

Craig,
    you talked me right into it,maybe I'll get the Charley taylor mini-helmet,
    start a new redskins section,gotta have a Riggins though.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    After seeing Orioles' setup, I'm quitting the hobby... and moving in with him. image
  • Options

<< <i>Craig,
    you talked me right into it,maybe I'll get the Charley taylor mini-helmet,
    start a new redskins section,gotta have a Riggins though. >>

J.R. glad I talked you into it.

The "SPEAR ARROW" helmet in the tv case is auto'ed by Talor on one side and Huff on the other.
    Can't go wrong with a Taylor helmet.
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options
    KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Alot of great rooms guys. Thanks for sharing the pics. Awesome thread!image
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • Options
    awesome rooms, great attention to detail,, thanks,, bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Crazylegs,

Who is on the soccer ball?

Great show by all. I'm trying to get mine "tightened up" this weekend.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Those PSA holders are very nice. Ultra Pro made them for awhile but now they don't. They also made SGC and BGS holders as well. I had 4, one broke. They are hard to find. I recently found 15 BGS holders at a old card shop in INdy but no PSA holders in the group.

They sometimes come up for sale on ebay and often go for more than 5 bucks a holder.

If you have some good card stores that carried every ultra pro item they might have em laying around. Not alot of people even know they were made.

I love everyones set ups. I am working on one too but right now it's just a mess.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    I posted these last May, but why not again. A LOT of work.

I did the majority of work last winter. Just need to pick up a few more pieces for the TV room and I think I can officially call it my man cave.

As you come down the steps

Through the door and to the left. The sports bar area. Floor is cork. Went with the pub height table and 8 chairs for poker and drinking games (man, who woulda thought I'd still be playing drinking games at 36).

Joe M jersey, a few signed balls, and some of my favorite cards from childhood.

Other wall. A few more balls, some art prints, some Buffalo Bills crap (born and raised, 0-4), extra fridge.

Bar. Quartz top. Built the soffit. Those are LED puck lights. More stuff on the walls.

Behind the bar. Wine fridge and mini fridge with ice maker. A few raw Mantles.

Other 1/2 of the room (tv rooom). Currently shopping for decorations.
  • Options
    Love this thread...always get ideas. Great rooms!
    Visit www.Davis44.com - An Eric Davis Collection.