Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Two more new '55 All-American Gem Mint 10's

Finally picked this up from PSA the other day. Both 1 of 1's.

Just love the Reynolds card....what a great pose.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed on the Reynolds!

Nice job once again..
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Great cards. I've heard of Reynolds, never heard of Kaw before. I don't follow IVY league football.
  • Options
    Awesome cards, I own a raw set that I put together, the cards are a true work of art.
  • Options
    macboubemacboube Posts: 336 ✭✭

<< <i>Great cards. I've heard of Reynolds, never heard of Kaw before. I don't follow IVY league football. >>

Wiki. Info.

Player’s Full Name: Edgar Lawrence Kaw
    DOB: January 18, 1897, Houston TX
    DOD: December 14, 1971, Walnut Creek, CA
    Seasons Played: 1924 (11 games)
    Positions: Halfback
    College: Cornell
    High School: Principia High (Elash, IL); West High (Minneapolis, NY)
    Ht: 5'11"
    Wt: 185
    Other Teams: None
    Notes: Walter Camp All-America, 1921 (1st Team), 1922 (1st Team)
    Kaw played for one year in the NFL, 1924, for the Buffalo Bisons.

Bobby Reynolds (June 27, 1931 - August 19, 1985) was an American football player. He was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame in 1984.
    Reynolds attended Grand Island High where he played both basketball and football, winning state team titles in 1947 and 1948 in both sports. He attended the University of Nebraska–Lincoln where he became a First-Team All-American in 1950. A shoulder separation, broken leg, and lime-in-the-eye infection slowed him down the following two seasons. However, Reynolds still set then career records for scoring and rushing.

Not to be confused with the other Bob Reynolds, who was a three time All-American tackle for the great Stanford teams in the '30's. This Reynolds went on to play in the NFL for the Lions, he also partnered with Gene Autry in owning the Angels, and later partnered in the ownership of the L.A. Rams.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Once again two AWESOME cards. CONGRATS and ENJOY!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    Jim, you know how I feel about your cards. So I won't keep drooling!
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    Congrats on some more beauties. Would be great if you get so many 10s that the market gets flooded with them and we can all pick them up for cheap. image Enjoyed reading the article in SMR and think it's great that you have been able to build this ridiculously awesome set in high grade. Very jealous. Would love to escape my cubicle and put some quality time into building great vintage sets. Keep up the great work.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    sweet that reynolds is tough.

the vertical cards are hard to find in top grade
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    I have a recurring dream that one day I come across a few unopened boxes of 1951 Parkhurst hockey. Almost certainly won't happen but doesn't stop me from thinking about it. What a rush that would be.

Great stuff Jim!
    Collecting HOF RC's in hockey, baseball, football and basketball. A fool's errand some have said.
  • Options
    Ok - a couple of the more recent AA Gem Mint 10's to share that I finally scanned. I think the Grange 10 is probably the single coolest football card of all-time from any set. In terms of condition, color, swagger, etc., it likely also surpases even the Hutson 10's, Horseman 9's, and Nagurski from the Chicle set. The erroneous listing of Grange as a QB is very sweet indeed.

They are both 1/1's, and I am stoked as the red cards are really the hardest to come across in high grades.

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    AS always Jim,,Wow! Let me know on the Hutson. Thanks.

Mike
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 300 ✭✭
    Those are awesome. I have the complete set raw in ex-mt shape and can appreciate how hard it is to find cards like that. Keep the photos coming.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    beautiful cards

i didn't know topps made cards that nice in 55
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Gosh Jim, what a couple of knockouts...and a m-a-j-o-r knockout on a 1/1 '55 AA Grange Gem Mint! I'm glad that you cleared up the "Quarterback" designation on the obverse. I (nearly) agree that the '55 Grange is the single coolest football card of all-time (for me the 1952 Bowman Large Sammy Baugh wins). Your Grange is a beauty to behold. What cool cards to add to your Registry Set. Congrats - you and AVS continue to live the dream! -Keith
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    It's not often you see a card as significant as that one
    very nice
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Huh, I never realized that "Quarterback" on the Grange card was an error.

Great cards, Jim, congrats!
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

Simply jaw-dropping.

Thanks for posting 'em, Jim!
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim,
    whaddya think that Grange PSA 10 is worth? Do the registry collectors have deep pockets for this set?
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    I dunno - if you look at the other thread, a bunch of collectors do not admire it as much as you might think.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice...imageimage

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)