Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

1953 dated coins

As mentioned in my other thread I'm embarking on a one of each country collection (I guess you can call it that) for 1953. Prefer unc and the largest coin for each country; silver is fun too but not exclusively. Not looking for the most expensive coin from each country nor to spend a ton of money on this set, but interesting ones. Strongly prefer raw since they're likely to be cracked out anyway.

Please pm me if you have anything you'd part with. Thanks for your consideration.

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!

Comments

• Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Partial 1953 OFEC want list. Unless otherwise indicated, I prefer higher denominations/intresting designs and nice unc, but need not be slabbed since they'll probably be cracked out anyway. Sets will be considered, but at this point this is meant to be a fun set so I'm generally looking for circulation issues and not seeking out more expensive items, provas, etc. Thanks for your consideration.

Angola
    Argentina
    Australia esp florin
    Brazil
    Burma
    Cambodia
    Czeck Republic
    Dominican Republic
    Fiji
    Finland
    Haiti
    India
    Ireland
    Italy
    Jamaica
    Luxemburg
    Mauritius
    Mexico
    Mozambique
    Norway
    Netherlands
    Pakistan
    Panama
    Peru
    Romania
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    USSR

I'm also interested in a few silver coins of any date from the Portuguese colonies from the 1950s - early 1960s. At this point I'm missing coins from Mozambique, Guinea, Goa, Timor.

Thanks again for looking!
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    STLNATS

What great fun...

I'm doing the same thing for 1952.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    What fun...absolutely, the whole point for me too! With little NCLTs at the time, its interesting to see what actually circulated "way back" then.

Also, lucky you sbeverly. 1952 has some great pieces not minted in 1953. Can't choose your relatives nor your birthyear it seems (altho some have tried).

imageimage