Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's the longest you've waited for an UD redemption?

the 2008 SP Authentic set offered the only auto'ed rookie card of SF Giants rookie Alex Hinsaw. Since I collect Giants rookies, I went hunting. I saw that this card was only issued as a "redemption" card, so I bought one on Ebay and submitted it. That was in July. It's now 7 months later, and there's no sign of the card. It's still listed as "athlete committed to sign" on the UD redemption page, but I noticed that UD packed out a few Hinshaw autos in it's 2009 products.
My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• Options
    I know of people with redemptions over two years old.
  • Options
    You will never see the card. I had the same problem with UD. If you call and complain they will offer you some other auto. Stick to your guns and tell them you want the card you have the redemption for. Don't give in, it might take a few phone calls back and forth.

My story... I pulled a Hockey auto of Rogatien Vachon and never got it. I did not let up on them. I told them how was to complete my set with out that card. Long story short, I was sent a very nice Gordie Howe auto and a full box of SPX Hockey.

Sometimes the players just never sign the cards.

Jeremy
    Trying to climb the 1954-55 Topps Hockey ladder for the second time.

• Options
    I waited over half a year for everyone I ever redeemed, and I never once got the right player back on any of them. I can't remember how many I tried for, but it was in the high teens. For that reason I won't ever buy one again. If I pull one I'll try again though.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I waited two years for a Jordan/LeBron dual auto #/23 and they sent me 10,000 Yu-Gi-Oh cards as a replacement.
  • Options
    Considering how many they were counterfeiting, they could have done the same for many I suppose. image
  • Options

<< <i>I waited two years for a Jordan/LeBron dual auto #/23 and they sent me 10,000 Yu-Gi-Oh cards as a replacement. >>

So that's where my Yu-Gi-Oh cards are image

• Options

<< <i>I waited two years for a Jordan/LeBron dual auto #/23 and they sent me 10,000 Yu-Gi-Oh cards as a replacement. >>

thanks for that i needed a laugh today,, gosh thats funny,,, bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>You will never see the card. I had the same problem with UD. If you call and complain they will offer you some other auto. Stick to your guns and tell them you want the card you have the redemption for. Don't give in, it might take a few phone calls back and forth.

My story... I pulled a Hockey auto of Rogatien Vachon and never got it. I did not let up on them. I told them how was to complete my set with out that card. Long story short, I was sent a very nice Gordie Howe auto and a full box of SPX Hockey.

Sometimes the players just never sign the cards. >>

I went ahead and called them up. After 20 min on hold, I talked to a CS rep and he basically told me that he didn't think the card would ever get signed, and said that they'd send me "some replacements". So, we'll see what get.

Sigh. Oh well. The nutty thing is that the card has a sticker auto on it, so I don't see why they have stickers to put on other UD products with this guy's sig but not this one. Maybe it's a different sticker????

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    a year for a non auto, non game used, rookie
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    My friend pulled a Dan marino auto and has been waiting over 1.5 years. They told him to pcik some other players as replacements. After he told them they said that they were on their way. that was 6 months ago.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You will never see the card. I had the same problem with UD. If you call and complain they will offer you some other auto. Stick to your guns and tell them you want the card you have the redemption for. Don't give in, it might take a few phone calls back and forth.

Sometimes the players just never sign the cards. >>

I went ahead and called them up. After 20 min on hold, I talked to a CS rep and he basically told me that he didn't think the card would ever get signed, and said that they'd send me "some replacements". So, we'll see what get.

Sigh. Oh well. The nutty thing is that the card has a sticker auto on it, so I don't see why they have stickers to put on other UD products with this guy's sig but not this one. Maybe it's a different sticker???? >>

Don't settle for carp. Hammer them until you get a card you really want. It's time they start giving the collector what he paid for.

• Options

<< <i>Don't settle for carp. Hammer them until you get a card you really want. It's time they start giving the collector what he paid for. >>

Hinshaw's a minor league middle relief pitcher. We're not talking high-dollar cards.

I got it because it's his only autographed rookie card.

The CS guy asked me what my favorite team and players were and I said "SF Giants and Tim Lincecum". So, we'll see what I get.

Maybe they'll send me one of these? LOL

• Options
    I waited almost 2 years once and didn't get the auto I sent in. I was asked who my favorite players were and I said, Albert Pujols, Ichiro and Vlad Guerrero. They sent me an Adrian Beltre.

Rick
    Buying or trading for Cubs, Angels autos and anything related to Nick Adenhart! ****RIP NA 34****
  • Options

<< <i>I waited almost 2 years once and didn't get the auto I sent in. I was asked who my favorite players were and I said, Albert Pujols, Ichiro and Vlad Guerrero. They sent me an Adrian Beltre.

Rick >>

You should of called them back and said NO WAY. They finally shut me up when they sent me a SP Auth Gordie Howe auto.

• Options
    Well, I got an email today saying that my redemption has shipped. I asked for a replacement a few months ago, but the email says that they're shipping me the original card I had a redemption for.

I'm excited to see what I get. I hope they actually got Hinshaw to sign the cards, because it'd be his only Auto'ed rookie card.

• Options
    byronscott4everbyronscott4ever Posts: 932 ✭✭✭
    I believe I've gotten an email that makes me think that UD is sending me the actual card but it just included the name of the actual redemption card so don't be shocked if you get something else.
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    I am 99% sure that UD still owes me an NBA redemption from the 2005-06 season. I stopped collecting NBA during 2006-07 season and kind of forgot about it...
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe I've gotten an email that makes me think that UD is sending me the actual card but it just included the name of the actual redemption card so don't be shocked if you get something else. >>

Yes, they won't change the name to what you're really going to get. It will always list the original redemption

• Options
    Charlie9Charlie9 Posts: 526 ✭✭
    I had two redemptions from The CUP Hockey that I submitted Sep 2007. Two and a half years later I decided to finally ask for replacements. Now it's been another 2 months and no replacements yet either!
  • Options

<< <i><< I believe I've gotten an email that makes me think that UD is sending me the actual card but it just included the name of the actual redemption card so don't be shocked if you get something else. >>

Yes, they won't change the name to what you're really going to get. It will always list the original redemption
    >>

Bummer. Well, I'll post what they send me.

• Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    My son waited a year and a half for a Pau Gasol auto. He finally got it, but the damage was done. He/ we will never buy another UD box again. I am glad they are losing their licenses with all the different sports.
    You can only screw with people for so long. Wal-Mart, are you listening?

Logan
  • Options
    I found this waiting for me when I got home. Pretty nice substitute if you ask me! image

The card I had been waiting for was apparently never signed. image