Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anybody else not happy with the time it's taking psa to get cards graded???

Hey guys. I've had a fairly large order in at psa for over a month and a half now with no action as of yet. I took advantage of one of the specials but with nearly a 2 month wait so far it's really not that special. They (psa) say to expect up to 45 days but man it's looking like it's going to be over 2 months. Is it just me or is everybody else looking at longer wait times?? I've sent in hundreds of cards under specific specials and have never had to wait like this before. You would think if they're running specials they're looking for business and woul;d have staff on hand to haddle the extra orders????

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    45 business days, sometimes they are fster than others, I have waited the full 45 and had them pop in one day!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is 45 Bussiness days right? That would be longer than or right around 2 Months?

Im just adding that because I got confused awhile back about the bussiness day thing.
  • Options
    They received the cards on dec 8th . I think it's going on 40 business days so far. I'm just not used to this kind of wait period. I just sent in another lot order under the 5 day service on Jan 29th. That order will probably be done before the one from december. Would be nice to get some interest on my payment for 2 + months. lol.
  • Options
    Your wait could be longer.....especially for the cross-over special. I dropped off 85+ SGC cards at the Boston show on Fri. November 6th and they were not logged in at PSA until a week later Nov. 13th. They did not pop until Jan. 29th(last Friday) and I still haven't received them yet. I called PSA several times and was told cross-overs are taking the full 45 days, there were a few holidays, and then I was told PSA was at a show in Chicago(and those days don't count as business days). I received many explanations and was told to be patient(you do the math, but I think I was near 53 days).....I am a new member and this was my first PSA grading experience.....On the other hand, I sent in by mail a raw card lot on Dec. 28th, which was logged in on 12/31(I guess it wasn't a holiday), and it popped on Jan. 11th. Believe me, I know it's frustrating to wait, but I think they got overwhelmed with many large orders due to the specials.....Good Luck...
    Mystery Card Shopper
  • Options
    I would submit more cards and wax packs if the turn around times were faster.
    Trying to climb the 1954-55 Topps Hockey ladder for the second time.

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    well you are getting a reduced rate for your troubles with wait times. when i sub on the low price specials mine always take about 2 months too. dont forget that you have to take off all the holiday and show time from the last two months as well. they also do say that they will be done by 45 days either.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Well I guess you have to take the good with the bad. Sometimes they get done quick and i guess that's a bonus. It's just so frustrating having to wait. I NEED MY FIX!!!
  • Options

<< <i> I NEED MY FIX!!! >>

cardboardjunky image
    Trying to climb the 1954-55 Topps Hockey ladder for the second time.

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    cheap or fast, pick one.
    45 business days is about 2 1/2 months. You've still got some time to go.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    It's a "special" It's supposed to be cheap and fast or there's nothing special about it.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I always took it that the "special" part was either cheap OR fast, but never both.
    That said, I've had them take 45 days (or longer) and had them pop in 5 days. Just depends, but writing the service level on the outside of the box always seems to help.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    I guess I have been spoiled. It's never taken over a month. I have to re think things now as the population of certain cards can change when it takes this long. This can really change the value of the cards. If I just collected it wouldn't matter much but I sell/trade a lot of the cards. Psa must be real backed up.
  • Options
    tyweb1tyweb1 Posts: 528 ✭✭
    I don't have a problem with how long it takes PSA to grade the cards, I have a problem on how long it takes for the USPS to get my cards to me. My latest order shipped on the 27th and it is now 8 days later and still no cards. Priority mail takes 2 days to get to CA from MO yet it takes 10 plus days through registered mail from CA to MO.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I don't have a problem with how long it takes PSA to grade the cards, I have a problem on how long it takes for the USPS to get my cards to me. My latest order shipped on the 27th and it is now 8 days later and still no cards. Priority mail takes 2 days to get to CA from MO yet it takes 10 plus days through registered mail from CA to MO. >>

It's that chain-of-custody thing. There are better mail experts than me on here, but I've read the registered mail is always in a secure place when it's not travelling, and the internal paper trail they probably have to maintain J.I.C. something gets lost is probably pretty bad.

All in all, we're pretty spoiled with our 6 days a week, super fast mail system here in the U.S.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    My review submission was logged in on 12/7. My experience has been that reviews take a looooong time. My last one was eleven weeks. I get impatient, but I don't worry about it. They pop when they pop.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't have a problem with how long it takes PSA to grade the cards, I have a problem on how long it takes for the USPS to get my cards to me. My latest order shipped on the 27th and it is now 8 days later and still no cards. Priority mail takes 2 days to get to CA from MO yet it takes 10 plus days through registered mail from CA to MO. >>

It's that chain-of-custody thing. There are better mail experts than me on here, but I've read the registered mail is always in a secure place when it's not travelling, and the internal paper trail they probably have to maintain J.I.C. something gets lost is probably pretty bad.

All in all, we're pretty spoiled with our 6 days a week, super fast mail system here in the U.S. >>

I agree with us being spoiled about our overall fast mail system here, I just don't understand why the most secure way to send stuff should take so much longer than the regular or priority way.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

All in all, we're pretty spoiled with our 6 days a week, super fast mail system here in the U.S. >>

I agree with us being spoiled about our overall fast mail system here, I just don't understand why the most secure way to send stuff should take so much longer than the regular or priority way. >>

Not being argumentative, but shouldn't it be obvious?? Fast and loose is always easier - just throw a bunch of parcels in a cart, roll it from point a to point b, throw it into a bigger bin, load it on a truck, off it goes - not stopping for paperwork or logging. Meanwhile, a registered package has to get a much more personal touch.

EDIT: that being said, I go nuts waiting for mine to show up too. That 10 days is a killer when there are nice pops in the box.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>It's a "special" It's supposed to be cheap and fast or there's nothing special about it. >>

Ya think? You wanna pay much lower rates to get your cards graded, so you send in 100 or so, but you still want them in two weeks? Gimme a break...if you send something in on a cheap special, you should be prepared to wait. If you needed something quicker because you're trying to turn it around for a profit, use a faster service. Maybe I'm a big grump on the topic because I've had very long waits on very expensive orders:

Total Items: 493
    Date Received: 5/12/2009
    Date Shipped: 7/20/2009
    Order Status: Shipped

Total Items: 480
    Date Received: 2/10/2009
    Date Shipped: 4/22/2009

And, or course, two months for 25 cards:

Total Items: 25
    Date Received: 10/17/2008
    Date Shipped: 12/23/2008
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I agree with us being spoiled about our overall fast mail system here, I just don't understand why the most secure way to send stuff should take so much longer than the regular or priority way. >>

Not being argumentative, but shouldn't it be obvious?? Fast and loose is always easier - just throw a bunch of parcels in a cart, roll it from point a to point b, throw it into a bigger bin, load it on a truck, off it goes - not stopping for paperwork or logging. Meanwhile, a registered package has to get a much more personal touch.

EDIT: that being said, I go nuts waiting for mine to show up too. That 10 days is a killer when there are nice pops in the box. >>

I know it is obvious but I still don't like to wait that long. I am probably one of the few who doesn't look online and check my grades, but instead have a live rip when I get the package.
  • Options

<< <i>

I know it is obvious but I still don't like to wait that long. I am probably one of the few who doesn't look online and check my grades, but instead have a live rip when I get the package. >>

Man, I wish I had the patience to do that. It would make getting a submission back a lot more fun. I suspect when I stop sending on CC specials and start sending on regular large raw subs, I'll be more willing to send and wait. But I suck at waiting.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I know it is obvious but I still don't like to wait that long. I am probably one of the few who doesn't look online and check my grades, but instead have a live rip when I get the package. >>

Man, I wish I had the patience to do that. It would make getting a submission back a lot more fun. I suspect when I stop sending on CC specials and start sending on regular large raw subs, I'll be more willing to send and wait. But I suck at waiting. >>

It kills me to wait; but since I don't rip any wax packs anymore, it is alot of fun. Removing each card one by one from the box is way more fun than viewing the computer screen for about 10 seconds and immediately knowing how things turned out.
  • Options
    Bam!! The boys at psa must read these posts as the posted my grades late last night. Thanks to all who responded. Lesson learned. Good things come to thoes who wait. lol. Take care guys.

CBJ
  • Options
    As long as people send them cards and patiently wait MONTHS for them to be graded they won't improve....As for buying things on the cheap, would you guys support a grocery store or Wal-Mart or Costco that offers things on the cheap if you had to pay for something then wait MONTHS to get it??? Probably not.

I AM NOT A PSA HATER as I buy many PSA slabs on the bay, but I don't submit to them as first off paying a $100 to be allowed to send them cards to grade and then WAITING MONTHS to get them back are not things I will do. Funny how they ALWAYS have the time to cash you check or charge your credit card usually the same day they get the cards.

I submit cards each month to SGC and always get them back on time or earlier. It's true they don't have the volume that PSA does but I find the grades are ACCURATE time after time so I don't have to play the crack and resend game which leads to another MONTHS of waiting. I wonder have much revenue PSA made from the reviews generated with the introduction of the half point grade??

Horrible customer service but a genius business plan image
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the long wait, as long as my cards don't end up in the hands of the "GRADER OF DEATH"...image

Two invoices logged 12/9: a 3 card crossover and a 60 card review. nothing yet...image
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    "THE GRADER OF DEATH" Il ove it!! I think i have had that guy a few times. We need to find out when he's on holidays or something. Lol. Just brutal!!
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Horrible customer service but a genius business plan image >>

I have found their customer service to be quite good. Emails are answered quickly. Yeah, I do wish they would grade first-in, first-out, but you can't have everything.
  • Options
    I sent in a box with six submissions that they received yesterday. Already logged in today, that might be the fastest yet for me. Of course now, like almost all the rest of you, I will be checking online 2-3 times an hour to see if any of them have popped.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    My most recent sub. of '55 AA's took less than one week. Most all of my raw card subs take 1 - 2 weeks, however, reviews generally take 2 - 4 weeks.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Ejguru,
    What service level did you submit 3 cards for crossover that you are on like day 60? The only services that allow 3 cards are the more expensive services or $14 5 day special. Can you please be more specific about the 3 card sub because to me this doesn't make any sense?
  • Options
    Sorry for being unclear. I was forced to break out the crossovers into it's own 3 card invoice, from the same invoice of reviews. I forgot/didn't realize it couldn't be on a single form. The Nov. bulk special (when I mailed it) was what I paid for, so I would assume it is bulk rate. Still, its a 3 card invoice. I've had to pay for the 3 card invoices own return shipping, so I'm thinking, just take 10 minutes, look at them, and send them back to me already.

After having not submitted for a few years, I felt I had to 'scratch the itch' last summer and signed up for a 1 year deal. Tried to mostly use it to get bumps for my already-holdered PSA 8's (and some 9's)--although the best of the 67's were sold as a set to a prominent collector. I am not sure if he has tried to "bump" any of them--I'd like to think 20-33% of the 8's would get the nod. In any case, I think the 1 year of itch scratching has reminded me why I have shifted to HOF SS Baseballs and buying already-graded PSA cards instead of doing the submitting myself as I used to. This is not to say there is no inconsistency with Autograph or Basball grading...believe me.....image

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, mixing subs is the 1st PSA commandment--"Thou shalt not mix subs or you will wait forever" It is a clearly stated rule.
  • Options
    yes, yes...mea culpa.......BUT IT IS 3 FREAKIN CARDS....

Actually, I did it intentionally to avoid the G.O.D.......or do they automatically throw all problem invoices right on his desk? Probably just mine.image

• Options
    I sent mine on 12/31 to get in on the $5 Dec. special, 2 separate subs, one regular, one jersey...the regulars just popped today. I'm actually pretty happy with that turnaround time based on what I've seen from others, and I was DEFINITELY happy with the grades...46 10s out of 105 subbed, most in the '03-'06 range. I'm now just hoping that the G.O.D. didn't get my jersey sub!

Jasen
  • Options
    New name for the "Grader of death"...Darth Grader.
  • Options
    OUCH! That light sabre hurts!!!

Order #20360449 / Submission #672317
    Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type Country
    1 1 16244479 MG: MINIMUM GRADE 1967 TOPPS RED SOX STICKERS 7 MIKE ANDREWS Card US
    2 1 16244480 MG: MINIMUM GRADE 1967 TOPPS RED SOX STICKERS 12 GEORGE SMITH Card US
    3 1 16244481 MG: MINIMUM GRADE 1967 TOPPS RED SOX STICKERS 25 CARL YASTRZEMSKI Card US
    Total Items: 3
    Date Received: 12/9/2009
    Date Shipped: N/A

Order Status: OK

• Options
    I'm waiting on a sub logged in 12/10! I figure the holidays will hinder how fast my sub pops... I will be happy if I see grades by March 1st!
    Paul