Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

If you could ask a card company a question......

Comments

• Options
    Why do I never pull good cards??

haha
    hi
  • Options
    i`d ask them why they keep giving me the junk boxes..... do they thinks its funny or is it some kinda sick joke
    LOOKING FOR MARINO GAME USED,, , AND AUTO`S
  • Options
    hehehe......
  • Options
    UndertakerUndertaker Posts: 5,200 ✭✭
    why the HELL they won't redeem redemption cards outside of the USA
  • Options
    wouldn't ask but tell... To quick making so many different sets and brands! And to settle on the game used crap!
    Ebay feedback over 150 all positives. Check site

http://groups.msn.com/kidatheartcardz/basketballcollectionscans.msnw
  • Options

<< <i>why the HELL they won't redeem redemption cards outside of the USA >>

Good question. Reason I ask is because I have a confirmed interview with a card company and in talks with another. Trying to get more content for CE. Just compiling some "good" questions and spread them out among the different companies.
  • Options
    how do they run out of redemption cards before the deadline? happned to me on my marino-elway pen pals auto card.... ticked me off. did they sell the others off before the deadline?
    LOOKING FOR MARINO GAME USED,, , AND AUTO`S
  • Options
    danandkatdanandkat Posts: 107 ✭✭
    How could you cut up a Shoeless Joe bat...or a Babe bat?

Thanks
    Dan & Kat
    SF Giants from the 60's & 70's in PSA6-9. dwdominguez@hotmail.com

"Just when they think they got all the answers, I change the questions."
    -- Roddy Piper
  • Options

<< <i>How could you cut up a Shoeless Joe bat...or a Babe bat?

Thanks
    Dan & Kat >>

hehehe, I can answer that one. When it comes to those, the company is all about money, not collecting. To a collector, that would be a priceless item to have in their collection. To a business (card company), you can make 10 to 100x the market value of the bat. Just like to a die-hard Pokeman collector. Some cards may be priceless to them. If I saw one laying around, I'd throw it away.
  • Options
    yeah well auto, if you know the answer , just lmk image
    I really think it's a shame that they don't do that..
  • Options

<< <i>yeah well auto, if you know the answer , just lmk image
    I really think it's a shame that they don't do that.. >>

That will be one of my submission questions. Which company are you mainly referring to? I could direct it to that specific company (even though I know all do that). My only guess is the shipping and "customs" issue when it comes to declared value.
  • Options
    where'd the %*@^ gum go?
    i spend more for the packs (like $7 MORE than they used to be), and i no longer get a stick of gum...what the deal?
    I collect all WVU Alumni: Amos Zereoue, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Robert Sands, Rasul Douglas, Avon Cobourne, Quincy Wilson, Owen Schmitt, Will Grier, Gary Jennings, David Sills, Trevon Wesco, Pat McAfee, Darius Stills, Tavon Austin, Geno Smith, Charles Sims, Sam Huff, Chuck Howley, Jerry West (NBA), Jevon Carter (NBA), Miles McBride (NBA), Jedd Gyorko (MLB), Alek Manoah (MLB), John Means (MLB), etc.
  • Options

<< <i>where'd the %*@^ gum go?
    i spend more for the packs (like $7 MORE than they used to be), and i no longer get a stick of gum...what the deal? >>

I know this one. They removed the gum because the gum stains the card. Now wouldn't you be P.O.'ed if you pulled a gem mint high dollar rc and then turn on the back, it has gum stains on it? image
  • Options
    make me a special "desmond mason" box of cards
    I collect any D.Masons I dont have

Click here for my website

~~~REF's~~~
    Ask For List

• Options
    NashNash Posts: 709
    are you hiring?
  • Options
    are you hiring?

-> lmao! that would be so cool!

auto: it's to all companies, none of them redeems outside of the usa, and I think not to quebec either..
  • Options
    how bout dis auto:
    a pack of gum in the box of cards....boojah!
    24 pack of gum, and 24 packs of cards in the box...
    niiiice
    I collect all WVU Alumni: Amos Zereoue, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Robert Sands, Rasul Douglas, Avon Cobourne, Quincy Wilson, Owen Schmitt, Will Grier, Gary Jennings, David Sills, Trevon Wesco, Pat McAfee, Darius Stills, Tavon Austin, Geno Smith, Charles Sims, Sam Huff, Chuck Howley, Jerry West (NBA), Jevon Carter (NBA), Miles McBride (NBA), Jedd Gyorko (MLB), Alek Manoah (MLB), John Means (MLB), etc.
  • Options
    lol
    yea.. everyone would buy the gum and none would buy the packs with the cards image
  • Options
    you can make the gum embossed with the likeness of your favorite atheletes and...i'm gonna stop now.

n/m

• Options
    can i have 10 free boxes of my choice?
    References: just ask, I have 20+
    Ebay ID - hamdog510: 53 pos. 0 neg.
    ***Only 1 card away from completing my 2001 Fleer Game Time Uniformity PATCH set***
    I need these Derek Jeters:
    1993 Stadium Club Murphy
    1993 Topps Inaugural Marlins
    1993 Topps Inaugural Rockies
    1993 Upper Deck Gold Hologram
  • Options
    if they made game used cards & stamped the cards w/ a serial # before they knew how many cards a jersey could make & it turns out that they are short do they do???
  • Options
    duncangalduncangal Posts: 3,140
    Simple comment- Hate redemptions!!!!
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
  • Options
    Why do all the $100+ boxes only have 5 cards max per pack?

btw,Topps Heritage has the gum in a separate plastic wrapper to protect the cards. Big piece of gum that is actually really good.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Another question, why release the set before its finished? I mean, a redemption card basically says, hey, we wanna rush the set out before we even have a chance to complete it.
    imageimage
  • Options
    sometimes it's too expensive to risk being stolen... but then they could redeem it, DUH!! image good question, lol
  • Options
    Is the game used in the packs actually game used, or did they just go to a regular scheels store or what not, and just buy a jersey or a regular old bat.

Now on the Sweet Spot cards that just came out you know it's from the bat cause they're sticking the barrel on the cards.

You know what i mean.
    WANTED HIGH END KIRBY PUCKETT STUFF.
  • Options
    did u know the new herritage gots gum!
    im from the loot and im proud
  • Options

<< <i>if they made game used cards & stamped the cards w/ a serial # before they knew how many cards a jersey could make & it turns out that they are short do they do??? >>

Actually they make x amount and then only release x amount. They keep the extras in their inventory for customer replacements. IF a customer sends a damaged card in for replacement, then stamp the replacement card with the same number before shipping it out.
  • Options
    first to answer bmw's question sometimes they have redemptions cause the expected the card to be made but they couldnt get them by the release date or sometimes like with the lucky 13 cards in basketball they make it a redemption to increase the value of the card redeemed rcs book more than regular ones usually or in some cases like 2001 Fleer Premium Baseball Fleer made Pujols a redemption card becouse he had just got hot and they wanted to be the first to have his cards but they couldnt produce them quick enough
    JUST MY .02

and second my question to the company would be

Why do you even tell us the odds of pulling a card if you in no way stand behind those odds
    LOOKING CURRENT CLIPPERS and 99-00 RCS

http://donniebaseball23.tripod.com/
    Wantlist on Site
    REFS Johnscottanthony,injun01, haliguy, FatKat, autobilia,awaltz,coachvinny, raf12,thematrix31,duncangal, Kenny21, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>Another question, why release the set before its finished? I mean, a redemption card basically says, hey, we wanna rush the set out before we even have a chance to complete it. >>

Actually, the base cards are usually finished, but remember they have to wait on licensing. Remember UD had to put out those Shaq Trade Cards because at the time Shaq had an exclusive contract with Classic. Until the contract was up, they were unable to use his image. I know this because my cousin worked for Fleer and traveled to get the "new" players to sign contracts in order to use their image on a card. When it comes to autographs, they set a release date for the set and if the play hasn't finished signing all the cards, they put out redemption cards.

I will definately suggest that to all of the card companies. I always hated redemptions also (especially that you have to pay s/h for the cards). UD charged $4 s/h for the 01 UD Legends, but sent the cards in a regular envelope with 34 cent postage.
  • Options
    Donruss came back early last year and their 01 baseball product had like 40 redemption cards, mainly the good game used, auto, and a few rookies. I mean, the set came out before alot of it was finished, which made no sense to me.
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Is the game used in the packs actually game used, or did they just go to a regular scheels store or what not, and just buy a jersey or a regular old bat.

Now on the Sweet Spot cards that just came out you know it's from the bat cause they're sticking the barrel on the cards.

You know what i mean. >>

I was told that all the game used jerseys and memorabilia came with paperwork which is filed. I asked that same question when I sent e-mail to Fleer about the Martinez error.
  • Options

<< <i>
    and second my question to the company would be

Why do you even tell us the odds of pulling a card if you in no way stand behind those odds >>

The odds are based on entire production run which is why they list the odds in packs (1:48 packs), not boxes (1:2 boxes). So, when you see 1:8 packs, that means 1 of those inserts were put 1 in every 8 packs. Now, which boxes those packs goes in is the problem. That's why they put "The odds are based on entire production run" in small print.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Ok, If topps finest can make the GU cards so thin why cant everyone else? I hate puling GU that you have to put in 25 card snap tites!
    I think Ultra-Pro pays the card companies to make those thick @ss cards so you have to go out and buy there special little cases for em. Thats why they started makin High-Topps
  • Options

<< <i>Ok, If topps finest can make the GU cards so thin why cant everyone else? I hate puling GU that you have to put in 25 card snap tites!
    I think Ultra-Pro pays the card companies to make those thick @ss cards so you have to go out and buy there special little cases for em. Thats why they started makin High-Topps >>

Heh. I don't think it's intentional. I have a Fleer Genuine Sean Elliott Final Cut patch that won't even fit is a "Super thick" top loader, but the rest of my Final Cut jersey cards will. It has nothing to do with the card itself. It's the swatch that causes the card to be so thick (especially patches). I have a Bob Gibson patch that is so bulky, that it warps the card. If a patch is bulky, the card has to be large enough to accommendate it.
  • Options
    Hey Auto...I don't know which companies you're going to be talking to, but first off, thank them for now offering longer redemption periods for their redemption cards, then ask them why they don't increase them to something like 5 years. I know that means that they would have to hold the actual cards longer, but with the way the sports card market is now with soooo many products from each company for every sport, it is not uncommon for shops to still have boxes of some products for years and now with the internet, you can buy products from several years ago. The companies have to realize that not all of the boxes of a product are going to be sold and opened within 1-3 years of the products release. There is nothing worse then pulling a redemption for a good card and reading that it is expired.
    Refs: Chayne2, Nash, KG, Jorge, Patsfan925, MCDee2, Autographs, TopofOhio, Ahares, Batman34, Whitetornado, Clearandvalid, Runningman22, TrFstptch, glickman77, Brees9, Woodson24kg, vittleboy, Dpeters28 and more.

Ebay feedback: 4100+
  • Options
    I would ask Score who was the drunk ba$tard that cut the 01 Score Select Football last year. Bought a box and they all looked like they were cut with a dull blade and the cutter had a hangover!!!

Ref.
    Scott2141,SkiVermont3 ,Thematrix31, Autobilia, Co1lector, CoachVinny, Danmarinocollector, Vincesanity, Big Shane, ClippersFan21, Speedmaster, Awaltz, White Tornado, Sporto1633, Josher416, Donniebaseball23, weasel510, IAMSPORTSCARDSMAN, dewey, ejones06,Sonicsfan, JSA,ahares, threebearfan
  • Options
    8kobe8kobe Posts: 1,159
    Ok here are my questions:

How do you keep cards from slippin' out the back door???

How many cards do you usually make in a base set. Like 10,000 sets or what???

How do you know that the GU material you get is authetic???

Why do I have to pay for a redemption card when I paid for the pack???

Why are redemption cards still used when no one likes them???

Why are redemption cards not good for very long. (Usually a year or two)

Why can't I send in redemption cards together at the same time???

How many duplicates do you make of a card for replacements???

What do you do with duplicates after the are no longer needed???

What new types of cards do you have in for us???

How many jersey cards can be made out of one jersey???

How do you keep people from tampering with packets???? (such as weighing or feeling packs)

How can I report a company that sells their packs after searching them??? (happens alot around here)

I have more but was tired of typing image
    Interested in Kobe Bryant, Game Used, Rare Inserts, Rookies, and Autos.
    References: Derrick(3),Teletubbie, MT Grinch, Kenny21, Awaltz, 2323, sypako, hondo, CoryZbinden(2)biggjc, boopopo2, Cardnyou, nismo68, Speedmaster, Baljit and more

Owner of the longest actual word in the "One word Post"
  • Options
    Little late BUT...

<< <i>a pack of gum in the box of cards....boojah! >>

Yeah, but they would be so cheap the gum would taste like cardboardimage
    Austin Waltz - ACK ACK ©
    I'm back - you better believe it
  • Options
    Here's a couple for them...

1) How much $$$Money$$$ do ya get if you're a card designer guy?
    2) Is it true that you burn the remaining unredeemed cards? If so I can take them off your hands and save you from having to waste all that heat and fuel in burning them, and I'll even do it for freee!image
    3) Can I get one of those free tours where you give me a bunch of free cards since I'm a collector? image
    4) Why do you make so many different types of game used items? They are starting to drive down the prices of the rare ones. I can get a game jersey #'d /100 for about $10 of a pretty good player.
    Just a few of the many questions in my weird weird mind imageimage -ChrisDaBalla
  • Options

<< <i>Ok here are my questions:

How do you keep cards from slippin' out the back door???

How many cards do you usually make in a base set. Like 10,000 sets or what???

How do you know that the GU material you get is authetic???

Why do I have to pay for a redemption card when I paid for the pack???

Why are redemption cards still used when no one likes them???

Why are redemption cards not good for very long. (Usually a year or two)

Why can't I send in redemption cards together at the same time???

How many duplicates do you make of a card for replacements???

What do you do with duplicates after the are no longer needed???

What new types of cards do you have in for us???

How many jersey cards can be made out of one jersey???

How do you keep people from tampering with packets???? (such as weighing or feeling packs)

How can I report a company that sells their packs after searching them??? (happens alot around here)

I have more but was tired of typing image >>

hehe, you have some great questions. Some I already know the answer to, but I will ask them anyways. I learned a lot about "behind the scenes" after griping about the Martinez error. I've exchanged about 15 e-mails and have asked tons of questions and reminded them of the "ScoreBoard Redemption scam" and the Signature Rookies/Genuine Article forgery situations. For those that didn't know, Beckett published an article a few years ago when someone pulled a Roy "Rogers" Rodgers autographed card. The last name was spelled wrong on the card (Roy Rodgers) and the autograph was signed Roy Rodgers. When Beckett tried to contact Genuine Article about it, the phone was disconnected. Turns out that the athletes didn't sign all 10,000 cards for them, so they took the rest of them and forged the signatures. A lot of them are authentic, but that small few turned me against those autographs.
  • Options
    Let us know what answers you are submitting and what the replies are!!
    Austin Waltz - ACK ACK ©
    I'm back - you better believe it