Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Is there a point at which a set gets eliminated by PSA?

By this question, I mean entire set, not someone's individual sets. I have noticed in a number of sets there are ZERO people working on that set. In some cases these are sets that have been up for over a year or two. A lot of times these are young players that turned out to not have great careers and so by the time the set got up the interest in them was gone (for example, Domanick Davis). Do they just stay there forever or does PSA occasionally look at them and weed them out?
Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.

Comments

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    I still can't figure out how that happens. Someone requests them. I know the wait is long but to ask for a set, then never register yours, is really weird.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Exactly. I understand some of them will fill up eventually (Hockey - Mark Messier set for example). But some of them... well, who knows?
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>By this question, I mean entire set, not someone's individual sets. I have noticed in a number of sets there are ZERO people working on that set. In some cases these are sets that have been up for over a year or two. A lot of times these are young players that turned out to not have great careers and so by the time the set got up the interest in them was gone (for example, Domanick Davis). Do they just stay there forever or does PSA occasionally look at them and weed them out? >>

I'm not sure they have any real incentive to weed them out. They probably think that these act as a bit of a "carrot" to get people to build sets they might not otherwise, and they probably take only a tiny amount of space in the Set Registry database.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    They could have their set registered and not be public.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>They could have their set registered and not be public. >>

Wouldn't that just mean other users couldn't look at the content of the set?