Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for an MPL Posse roundup, just for old times sakes?

Rims look good, but raw and small pics...

Linky Dinky...

Comments

• Options
    Rims look square to me
  • Options
    lusterloverlusterlover Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Rims look square to me >>

Put aside the fingerprints and the mess on the reverse, I would agree the rims give it a genuine look. I don't see any of the other diagnostics but as said the pictures and enlargements don't allow for closer inspection. On another note, read his bizzare comments about selling the coin and TPGs at the bottom...
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He got back to me after a question and simply stated that it was cracked out of a PCGS holder for being "undergraded". When asked if he meant it was actually graded or merely "Genuine", he stated only that it came back "MS" and was undergraded in his opinion. I'm still not positive that it was ever in a PRXX holder, although it would seem to be legitimately proof.
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to stick my neck out and say, its not a MPL. The deep hard strike with full wide rims look great. BUT to me, the outside of the rims look a bit rounded... could be shadow, but they do not look razor sharp. Plus, the smoothness of the Obv..either LDS, or polished, or both? But they may be why he THINKS its an MPL and the PCGS is saying its a BS. Anybody got a couple of thousand to prove me wrong??? At least he has a 30 day return privilege.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno. Tough call but the colors look weird. BUT I dont see that diagonal line inside the C in cent which we pretty well figured out was a diagnostic of NON mpls.

Hey, if youre a kenny rogers fan, buy it and send it off on a quicky submissison.

I dismounted the MPL posse horsie awhile ago and now ride a Foney Gold Dollar on ebay horsie...and scored a hit today and got an auction pulled.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it looks ok--as an MPL. It would holder as genuine though.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Gennie as well, and apparantly he either completed a deal off site, or just pulled the auction, as it is no longer available.

Where's that Posse Roundup picture?
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a matte. The are '09s with square rims, but none of the die markers for a matte.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think Ive ever read an ebay ad that made me want to doubt the coin or distrust the seller any more than that one.

the tirade against graders...WOW. So it seems that if he wasnt getting the bid action he expect ...POOF....he pulls sale? Why not just use a reserve?
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    I vote No but that is just based on the images.

imageimage