Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

My contest, name this song and band, win a prize!

O.K. This was one of my favorite band's in the 80's. When I ask people now if they like them, they say the never heard of them. Nobody has yet to tell me they heard of them. Up for grabs, 6 cards, Wally Szcerbiak-Keith Van Horn- Herman Moore-Tim Duncan-Kevin Garnett-Vin Baker, all rookie cards.

here goes the first verse.

"calling all children of the risin sun
calling on you baby cause' you are the one
ohhh lets go down and get us some action
come on little baby give me satisfaction"

This C.D. rocks and nobody knows it. 1988 is the year, whats the song and who's the band?image
Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!

Comments

• Options
    T-REX?
    Working on 1990 Donruss Baseball set graded BCCG 9 or above. j/k
  • Options
    I looked on google, and a bunch of hits came back for T-Rex, so his answer is right I believe.
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>O.K. This was one of my favorite band's in the 80's >>

He said the Band was from the 80's and T.Rex was a 70's rock-pop band....
    www.angelfire.com/ab7/jamiescards
    Always lookin for Dan Blackburn and Darius Miles cards plmk what you have
  • Options
    T-Rex
    Hello, I am a collector of Shane Battier, and Kevin Garnett. Let me know what you have.
    -Jason
  • Options
    How about Danger Danger? Or Badlands? Ummm....Dangerous Toys?? Nelson?? Firehouse?? Saigon Kick?? Bulletboys?? Pretty Boy Floyd? Those are my other guesses. If it's not one of these, then I don't know who the hell it is.
  • Options
    L.A. GUNS
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR MANNING, GRIESE AND BREES RC'S OR GU.

REFERENCES-TOP OF OHIO,TVOTER,
    BREES9,GETTINOUT,GOYANKS01, AHARES,ICEMAN18,QUASAR31, VIZMOD,FRIEDEL,WHITE TORNADO,
    BOBSTAR,JRCCRUM,AND ABOUT 15 OTHERS

http://communities.msn.com/3DFOOTBALLCARDS
  • Options
    I've never heard of T-Rex, Korporate Canyon is close, it's from that time. The video was played on MTV, mostly on headbangers ball. Think of a cross between L.A. Guns and Metallica. Harder than L.A. Guns but softer than Metallica. Iggy Pop wrote one song for them. I don't think anybody will get it. it's a shame, the c.d. is awesome.image
  • Options
    BMWracing-
    those are some gnarly picks my friend... Those are absolutely hilarious... Although, i think Jayson Williams is a great guy, and he seems sorry for what he did... But, that little scum bag tried to cover it up! I say give him 5 years
    Kings in 2005
    Giants in 2006
    49ers in 2006

NOR CAL TO THE MAX
  • Options
    Helloween? Kings X? This is a hard one. I probably have the CD and just don't even remember it. image
  • Options
    IF IT ROCKS-IT SHOULD BE IN THIS LIST

QUEENSRYCHE
    MONTROSE
    DANGER DANGER
    CINDERELLA
    BRITNY FOX
    SLADE
    WARRANT
    W.A.S.P
    ACCEPT
    Y&T
    KROKUS
    GENE LOVES JEZEBEL
    DIO
    SCORPIONS
    FASTWAY
    HELIX
    BANG TANGO
    RAGING SLAB
    KINGDOM COME
    MR.BIG
    D.A.D.
    IRON MAIDEN
    ARMORED SAINT
    MEGADETH
    TESLA
    GREAT WHITE
    DOKKEN
    SLAUGHTER
    WINGER
    HONEYMOON SUITE
    NIGHT RANGER
    AUTOGRAPH

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR MANNING, GRIESE AND BREES RC'S OR GU.

REFERENCES-TOP OF OHIO,TVOTER,
    BREES9,GETTINOUT,GOYANKS01, AHARES,ICEMAN18,QUASAR31, VIZMOD,FRIEDEL,WHITE TORNADO,
    BOBSTAR,JRCCRUM,AND ABOUT 15 OTHERS

http://communities.msn.com/3DFOOTBALLCARDS
  • Options
    can you give us like the first letter of the band name or the name of the cd
    LOOKING CURRENT CLIPPERS and 99-00 RCS

http://donniebaseball23.tripod.com/
    Wantlist on Site
    REFS Johnscottanthony,injun01, haliguy, FatKat, autobilia,awaltz,coachvinny, raf12,thematrix31,duncangal, Kenny21, and many more
  • Options
    aharesahares Posts: 2,138 ✭✭
    how about RATT? Midnight Oil? or Crowded House?? or Loudness????
    My New Site/ Collecting Burrell and McNabb

My Tradelist

Wantlist!!

Donovan McNabb: All Game used, commons, rookies, autos, inserts and any other memorabilia.

Pat Burrell: All Game used, commons, rookies, autos, inserts and any other memorabilia.
  • Options
    Lway7fan, it's not on your list. You're right there though. Nobody knows this band. O.K. ,if anybody knows my e-bay I.D., I just got it about a week ago, $40.00 for a used c.d., But it's awesome. They rocked, but you needed big hair in the 80's and they weren't that style.

More of they're hit song

The highway child knows no space or time
    Tonight I'm going to take you out of your mind
    oh baby can't you hear the _______________ <(name of song)

bands name has three words, no family names like bon jovi or van halen, three regular words. And they were on MTV, not just some underground band.

SOMEBODY HAS GOT TO KNOW THIS!!!image
  • Options
    Sorry, first letter of the bands name is C
  • Options
    Only thing I could find is JETBOY "Feel The Shake."
  • Options
    If I said the band name was "Circus of Power" and the song name was "Call of the Wild", would I be the winner?
    Ref: ahendi, DPsports, Clippers21fan, Shockers21, AI3fan, Clearandvalid(x3), Magic1fan, kr580, Epag64, 23jordan8kobe(2), GodblessUSA, Ruth, Zbarr23(2), Allen, xxchamp34xx,Trfstptch, Speedmaster, Nowitzki, Goodriddance189,ThudtheDud, cbc2002.
  • Options
    I forgot, he didn't leave me feedback. Payed him right away too. More clues.

Lead Singer-ALEX MITCHELL

Names of three other songs-
    1)MOTOR
    2)CRAZY (written by Iggy Pop)
    3)WHITE TRASH QUEEN

Disk is self titled

Manufactured and Distributed by BMG Music

They look more like a motorcycle gang than a band,(they thank the hells angels on they're c.d. insert

Band comes from New York

Nobody will get this, I will be shocked if they do.

I will give up answer tomorrow night if nobody gets it before then.
    I want somebody else to know this band besides me though.image
  • Options
    OH MY GOD Dkiger, I cant believe it but you win. My wife wont believe me when I tell her that someone got this right. You made my whole night. Did you know this or did you do some investigating? Anyways, P.M. me your address and I will have your cards out as soon as possible. If you actually liked the band and don't have the c.d. I could make a copy of it for you and send it along also. HAHA, I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!image
  • Options
    I knew that. I knew the answer. I knew all along. I was just messing with you. They're my favorite band! Do I get some cards for that? image
  • Options
    HAHA, you never heard of them! I had fun doing this. I'll stump you again real soon. 80's music is where it's at. I've got more bands you probably never heard of either. Anybody remember DIRTY LOOKS, GRIM REAPER, CALIFORNIA ROCK CITY ANGELS! And I know you guy's know the big 3 rock-n-roll babes of the 80's, Joan Jett-Lita Ford- and my favorite rock babe Pat Benetar! I WANT TO GO BACK!!! I'm sick of N'SYNC and RICKY MARTIN. Does anybody have a time machine? I'll give you all my cards for one.image