Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Submitting coins - Answered!

When submitting coins, do you have to mail it to PCGS? I live, literally, 5 min from the address listed. Does anybody have any info about dropping them off in person?

Hey all, I just called PCGS and the have 'walk up Friday" once a month. It saves a lot of money of postal insurance. The next one is Feb 26 at their Santa Ana address!

Comments

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to recall reading that they take walk-up submissions once per week on Fridays, but I may be way off on this. Customer service may be able to help.
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    Sounds like that would be nice and save you a lot of money.

Wonder if you they'll let you pick them up in person too image

I'm sure a call to Customer Service on Monday will give you a prompt answer.

When you get an answer you should edit the title of this post and post the answer
    for future reference.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Call them tomorrow at (949)833-0600. You'll get the correct answer directly from the source which is more accurate than any answer you'll get here.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    Youre lucky man... $$$$$$$$$
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When submitting coins, do you have to mail it to PCGS? I live, literally, 5 min from the address listed. Does anybody have any info about dropping them off in person? >>

CU doesn't advertise their street address so you may want to contact them first for an actual address and directions. They're located in Santa Ana, which is a bit away from Valencia.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    I moved quite a bit south...
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just called PCGS and the have 'walk up Friday" once a month. It saves a lot of money of postal insurance. The next one is Feb 26 at their Santa Ana address! >>

Yeah, but the two hours I would spend round trip are better put to other, more remunerative uses.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file