Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Set Registry Question...

I haven't added a set since PSA went to the new format for the Set Registry and for the life of me I can't figure out how to start a new set. When I click on "Add a New Set," it just gives me a long list of possible sub sets from cards I've already entered in the past, but how do I start a completely new set, anyone know? Thanks in advance!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    If you are trying to start a set , that is already on the registry , go to "add a set" and scroll down until you find the set you are looking for. You MUST have the cards you are about to add , already in your inventory. It will only let you start a set ,that you have cards for. Click on view , and the rest is self explanatory.

I'm hoping you're not talking about "requesting" a set , as this takes forever.

I "hope" this helped a little.-- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order to start a new set, you must already have a card from the set, in your registry. You can enter any/all PSA-graded cards in the registry, not just ones that are in a particular set.

Once you've entered a card in your registry, any sets that card is in, can be started by you.

Steve
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Grote
    When you login to Psa , it should take you to the page where the first thing listed is ' My Set Registry " ............farther down that row is ' Set Requests " .................. that will take you to the page you want !
    Robbie
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The item # is listed under "My Inventory" in the category "Items that don't match my sets" but how do I start the set itself? Is it the same process for packs as it is for cards? I appreciate the help, thanks!

I guess the answer I need is how to I get a cert # added to my inventory from the "Items that don't match my sets" so I can start that set.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to get two items from the caregory "Items that don't match my sets" to My Inventory list of sub sets so I can choose the set to start, as it doesn't appear.

The new format is much less user-friendly than the old one, IMO..

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>Does anyone know how to get two items from the caregory "Items that don't match my sets" to My Inventory list of sub sets so I can choose the set to start, as it doesn't appear.

The new format is much less user-friendly than the old one, IMO.. >>

If the items are already in your inventory, the must be since they don't match any sets, you need to Start New Set. If it helps, sort the possible sets you can start by the fewest needed....it's very user friendly.
  • Options
    I was able to establish a new set with a cert #, finally, but when I went to add additional cert #s, they get put in the category "Items that don't match my sets" so I can't add them even though my new set is on file. Maybe there are some glitches in the system tonight, because I've been able establish many sets in the past, but tonight nothing seems to be working properly.

If anyone knows how to add items from the category "Items that don't match my sets" to your set, please let me know.

Thanks to all for their help!

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Tim I agree when you first start it seems very user unfriendly, once you get the hang of it, it becomes
    easier.

Steve
    Good for you.