Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1926 S Peace Dollar Get It Graded?

This worth grading?

Comments

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also a nice coin for an album IMHO.

Nothing wrong with them, just not what would normally be slabworthy.
  • Options
    No. Any coin worth less than I would say $100 is not worth grading.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I would not spend the money on grading it.

I have submitted coins in that neighborhood, though. But only when there was a special reason (inherited from a loved one, e.g.). So it's a personal decision sometimes, not a financial one. You are the best to decide.
    Lance.
  • Options
    InditonkaInditonka Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the others, not worth the fees.

If you have grading vouchers that are expiring and need to use them up, maybe a different story.
  • Options
    I agree too.

Thats a perfect coin for an album or another type of display method IMHO
  • Options
    Raybob15239Raybob15239 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    I would recommend a visit to the Peace Dollar pages at VAMWorld. Your 23S has some interesting clashing...
    Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    spike shoulder.
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

<< <i>No. Any coin worth less than I would say $100 is not worth grading. >>

Without commenting on the coin in this thread, that is not necessarily true. It depends upon what it costs to to get the con graded, what you can get for it uncertified and what you can get for it certified. Sometimes it pays to s spend an economy fee and postage to get an otherwise low valuue coin certified.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you collect raw coins , keep it raw
    if you like slabs, get it slabbed

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file