Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sportlots

Anyone ever deal with this website. A little over 3 weeks ago I was looking for some commons from the 1990's and 2000's to try to complete my Yankee Topps team sets. I found a whole bunch of cards for $.18 a piece. So far only 3 of the 5 dealers that I bought the cards from sent them to me. I am only out about $7.00 so it is not the money but it drives me nuts that I thought I finally found these commons (no one brings them to shows anymore because they are so cheap and I know of only 1 true card shop left in central Connecticut.) I contacted sportlots and have heard nothing yet. Has anyone had bad luck like this from this website.
Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Yes , I hope you like O/C cards.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    where is this web site,do they have vintage cards.don't really care if oc or not (over-rated).as for the modern an .18 cents card will still be .18 cents a hundred years from now.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I've had very good luck with sportlots buying cards for players sets. Not every card is submittable, but I've received my share of 10's from cards I bought there. I guess it all depends on the dealer.

Mike

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Flash

Google it and you can get to it from there. At one time PSA had a link IIRC.

Sorry I don't have the link.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Collector of anything and everything of the Dallas Cowboys
  • Options

<< <i>where is this web site,do they have vintage cards.don't really care if oc or not (over-rated).as for the modern an .18 cents card will still be .18 cents a hundred years from now. >>

Sportlot.com.

Depends on how you define vintage... seems anything prior to the 1970's is pretty scarce from my experience. I have used the site from time to time to complete some modern sets and had no problems with receiving items or the quality of them.

Snorto~
  • Options
    hey,thanks . quick tour through,they even have photos(pics) of a lot of cards.seem to have a lot of 60's and early 70,s.looks promising.
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I've bought numerous commons from various dealers on the site for Topps BB years 75 (mini and regular), 76, 78, 79, and 82. All of the ones I purchased were listed at Ex-Mt or Nrmt, and the actual grade (imo) has been correct about half the time. I've improved my purchases with respect to grading accuracy by buying a few cards (5 or 6) from dealers with really good feedback, and when I find a dealer with really nice cards, I then do a big purchase from them for a particular set I'm working on. I once found a dealer with really, really nice 75 mini's this way, and others with really nice 78's and 82's. Also, one additional thing I've learned is that if a dealer on the site has really nice 78's for example, it doesn't necessarily mean they have really nice cards for other years.

Also, I've never had any problems with dealers failing to send cards to me.

Good luck with getting your situation resolved.
  • Options
    I love Sportlots, bought tons of cards over the years. I've only had one problem and I contacted the seller and he corrected it with no issues.

Rick
    Buying or trading for Cubs, Angels autos and anything related to Nick Adenhart! ****RIP NA 34****
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    personally, I'm a big fan of sportlots. I've used them many times (20 times at least) to fill holes in fairly recent sets (last 10 years or so). $0.18 a pop is high for a common card, but balance that with trying to find that same card, or group of cards, from an eBay seller and paying high postage and usually at least $0.50 a card, or finding one or two guys on the Bench to trade with and having to haggle all that out. Sportlots is easy to use, and I've never been let down by a dealer. My most recent order on Friday night put 10 different Dodger sets I've been working on to bed - not bad for a night's work.
  • Options
    I also like Sportlots, only had one seller not send cards.. I agree if you are looking for gradable cards, don't expect much more then a 6/7 based on the PSA standard.
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options
    Depends on the cards you are looking for. I've bought and gotten some highly gradeable cards from them. I've also had a handful of incidents where cards I bought were off grade. I also sell on them and keep my grading very strict, because that's the way it should be, and because I know what it's like to get a card for lesser grade then you think. You are able to email sellers and/or request scans of cards (depending on card price).
  • Options
    Try the auctions on there,
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

<< <i>where is this web site,do they have vintage cards.don't really care if oc or not (over-rated).as for the modern an .18 cents card will still be .18 cents a hundred years from now. >>

Go to www.sportlots.com.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    I've had good luck building sets. Especially 76's. Grading is not psa standards, but if you just want to complete sets then this is a good site. I've never had any dealers not follow through. And get ready for the PWE.
  • Options
    I've only used sportlots a few times, but I've never had a problem.
  • Options
    Bought from there around 15+ times. Never had a problem.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I sell a lot of cards on Sportlots Auctions and have actually had better success there than FEEbay.

While I don't use the "store" concept because it is not user friendly to enter inventory. I do love the auctions and the way you get paid once a month. I have averaged $400-$600 a month since November 1. The fess are awesome and it is $0.15 per auction and the best part is when a seller makes a payment for all items won the Paypal fee is distriubuted among the sellers image There are some really good deals to be had for the buyer.

I sell mostly newer shiny stuff that I am wanting rid of as I only focus on graded RCs, HOFers, and certain Autos.

Check the auctions out.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked. I have used Sportlots a whopping 84 times. I use it to fill Cardinals team sets and regular sets. So, I guess you could say that I'm a big fan of the site.

I have also used it for one other thing - I have bough over 60 2007 Topps Albert Pujols cards to try to get a PSA 10. I have sent in 3 and got back all 9's so far. I have 2 more at PSA right now. My fingers are crossed. (This is not to say that the cards on Sportlots aren't in nice condition. This is just to say how tough a 2007 Topps Albert Pujols is to get a 10. Those black borders are very tough on the Pujols.)

Also, I have never had a single problem with 84 orders. I use a seller named "jessecar" more than any. He is usually a day or two slower in shipping than most, but he has an amazing inventory of cards. Probably 60% to 70% of the cards I have bought on that site have been from this seller.

Shane

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I have bought and sold on the website, never had any problems.

Buying wise, they are good for more recent commons and short prints to complete sets. Older cards are pot luck in what you get. You may get cards worthy of PSA 9 or you may get cards worth of 7(OC) depending on who you buy from. But for 18 cents, its well worth it rather than to hunt all over for just a few cards.

The auctions are hit or miss. You can sell cheap modern cards and sometimes get half book for them and only pay a 15 cent listing fee or you can sell a $20 mid 70's card and get a buck, it all depends. Fees are a little steep if you sell less than $25 a month, but if you incorporate that cost into your shipping, you can get it back, plus the best part, no ebay nonsense, no ebay fees, no ebay nothing.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    I have used this website several times and have had no problem. I would only use them for commons or very cheap cards though.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    picked up one of my autos and a few black minis for my Goodwin set recently from 3 different sellers. All items arrived on the same day and packaged fine about 3 days after paying.

thumbs up from me

• Options
    Try my website The Dugout Cards
    John The Dugout Cards and Collectibles
    www.thedugoutcards.com
  • Options
    I have noticed that the shipping rates are fairly cheap. Does this mean that the cards are shipped in a PWE?
  • Options

<< <i>I have noticed that the shipping rates are fairly cheap. Does this mean that the cards are shipped in a PWE? >>

Alot of guys shop in a PWE.Some don't though.I charge $1.65 for shipping in a bubble mailer with DC.
    Mike