Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is anyone listing any coins on Ebay this evening?

DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm wondering if it would be a poor decision with Super Bowl next Sunday night.
"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)

Comments

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am, every Sunday.

• PatchesPatches Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭
    I agree I think it could be a poor decision with Super Bowl Sunday next week.
  • lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably have auctions ending on Sunday...
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eBay has grown to such a point that honestly, it doesn't matter when I list a coin and it ends nor if it is a three or five or seven day auction. They end for about the same amount each time.

Being that so few will think it wise to list and end coins for next Sunday's Superbowl if it was done- and with that much less competition- the closing prices will remain strong.

peacockcoins

• mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    What ratio of "Coin collectors" actually watch "Football" anyway?...lol.

Ray
  • CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What ratio of "Coin collectors" actually watch "Football" anyway?...lol.

Ray >>

"A lot", based on what I see posted here.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's in the Super Bowl this year , anyway ?
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's a super bowl?

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

<< <i>what's a super bowl? >>

I think this is one....

This sure looks like a Super Bowl:

Imagine, a lighted cereal bowl... now THAT is super!

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>eBay has grown to such a point that honestly, it doesn't matter when I list a coin and it ends nor if it is a three or five or seven day auction. They end for about the same amount each time.

Being that so few will think it wise to list and end coins for next Sunday's Superbowl if it was done- and with that much less competition- the closing prices will remain strong. >>

I'm not so sure.

I remember about 10 years ago, I had a whole bunch of coins ending on Halloween and I really got burned that night!image
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, but just 5 days, ends on Friday!

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • I list everyday. I just have mine close in the AM on Super Sunday, before people head out to party.

• I for one will not be bidding on ebay this suber bowl.

• << <i>

<< <i>eBay has grown to such a point that honestly, it doesn't matter when I list a coin and it ends nor if it is a three or five or seven day auction. They end for about the same amount each time.

Being that so few will think it wise to list and end coins for next Sunday's Superbowl if it was done- and with that much less competition- the closing prices will remain strong. >>

I'm not so sure.

I remember about 10 years ago, I had a whole bunch of coins ending on Halloween and I really got burned that night!image >>

I'm not taking a stand either way, but I bet eBay has grown quite a bit in the last 10 years. Whether or not that matters, who knows.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    I forgot all about the super bowl next week! I guess it's a good thing I drank too much to want to post things tonight to sell!
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What with laptops nowadays, probably a lot of people will be watching the SB and surfing the net at the same time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file