Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New Wheaties Box......Wheaties Fuel

I was in Walmart yesterday with my wife , and saw the new ' Wheaties Fuel ' box displayed at the end of row ! The box's just really display well and are very impressive IMO ! I justed wanted to give everyone a heads up on getting these , before they really get picked over , if you like collecting these types of thing ! The players listed are : A. Pujols .....Kevin Garnett.....Peyton Manning.........Bryan Clay........ and Hunter Kemper ! Each player has a box with a auto , and all 5 are pictured together on the back ! Sorry I can't produce a scan , as I still haven't figured out how to post scans yet ! Cereal is not bad either ...... has a nutty grain flavor to it !
Robbie
Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
1963 Fleer
Lou Brock Master Set

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Sadly, the box tastes better!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to collect them - the problem is that they eat up too much space.

Thanx for the heads up
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    When you guys collect them do you flatten the box? Or keep it as issued?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Steve
    Personally myself , I remove the cereal and flaten them ! As Stone said , they can take up so much room to store ! I do display some favorites .................. like ' Slammin Sammy's ' frosted flakes ...... and ' Warner's CrunchTime ' frosted flakes ! I know some people loke to keep the cereal intact .......... but years ago , I had all the Kraft Maconri Cheese box's full stored in a box in my clothes closet ! Got a insect infestation that was a living nitghmare ....... a real mess ! Maybe sealed bags of cereal are differnt , but I refuse to take that chance after that episode !
    Robbie
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I wasn't asking if you kept the cereal in the box I was wondering if you opened the box, took the cereal pouch out
    then kept the box whole.

I should have been more concise.

I had a few and kept them whole and like you say they take up too much room and something

always happens to them anyway.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I use to collect them and keep them not flattened (no cereal) -- then I started flattening them, then they were just in the way.
  • Options
    I have had the Walter Payton Wheaties boxes in my collection for many years and display them unopened in acrylic cereal box cases without any infestations.

Snorto~
  • Options
    ill have to get down there and check them out, if im stupid enought listen to kovel, with the rice crispy immunity box's getting pulled,, "collect them now" before they pull them off the shelf,, well,, i got 2 boxes, lets see how long it is before i show a profit,, but the crispies sure were good, lol,, bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Snorto
    Never realized that there were holders for cereal box's ........ seems a bit pricey , but I suppose if you have a real rare box , you would want to protect it that way !
    Robbie
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a general conception years ago - that it's best to have an unopened box.

But, as I said - they take up alot of space - I've got about 20 I would guess.

It might be nice to display a really cool piece - especially is more rare - i.e. a regional or local print item. But, even a local or regional print.

I think some of the Superbowl boxes were regional.

I do have the Ripken local box - I think I have a sixpack of coke also.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Wheaties-Fuel-Cereal-Box-Albert-Pujols-MVP_W0QQitemZ380201199476QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5885c1e774

Found this on E-Bay ! If someone could show the picture from the auction , it is really a attractive box ........ not your usual looking Wheatie's of past ! In no way am I promoting this auction , as the seller has it listed for $5.00 and S+H at $8.00 ....... and advertises that it has some creases to boot ! My local Schnuck's store is selling them for $2.50/box...........with the cereal ( which by the way Scott , is better then eating the box .. LOL ) !
    Robbie
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    Here you go, Robbie...