Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1951-D PCGS MS66+ FBL Franklin C O L O R ! SOLD

I am making this coin , which I believe has no peers, availible for sale .

Although I have no decent pic's , I believe that is the most colorful 51-D in a PCGS MS 66 FBL holder.

To see it in hand is to fall immediatly in love with it ............it is not for the faint of heart and is not modestly priced .

It is a coin I had tucked away as well as my other Franklin monsters ,for my 5 year old son ..........

but recent legal trouble and this economy are putting me in great financial need .

If you have a need for the top Color 51-D PCGS MS66 FBL Franklin there is - please P.M. me

Comments

• Options
    image For a image Frankie Toner!image
  • Options
    CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭
    Bump for monster mint set color!
    I'd like my copper well done please!
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    i am hoping I do not have to send the coin off for professional images or that I have to set a fixed price .

I am hoping one of you fellers that know my expertise in Franklins will make me an offer I can not refuse .

It is without question my most valuable Franklin and would become the cornerstone of even the most advanced Franklin set.
  • Options
    this coin went fishing ..........
  • Options
    I am really not a fan of the whole send me an offer game. You know what the coin is worth, you know what you will sell it for, you know what you want to get for it, why not stop the games and put a price up? I understand when someone posts something and says, I am not sure what its worth make an offer, or they say I would like to get 1k but feel free to make an offer. I have had items in the past I had no idea what the going rate was so I threw them up stating I clearly did not know the value but please make an offer. Why even open yourself up for insulting low ball offers? Just put a price on the darn coin and go from there.

Well after my rant I figure I might as well make an offer. So here is my offer 1000.00
  • Options
    3500$
  • Options

<< <i>3500$ >>

There ya go image

Great looking coin btw hope it sells for you image
  • Options
    thanks RC !
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    would love to see some more pics

• Options
    when a feller ask's a very strong price for a piece he claim's is as good as the date gets ..........Yes : he should provide superb pix .

But again , I was banking on my reputation speaking for the coin and bluntly saying the coin would be the highlight of any advanced Franklin MS66 and better set .

it's a 51-D for cripe's sakes .......... and one such as this with breathtaking color is rare beond word's - or pictures too for that matter
  • Options
    re-bump!
  • Options
    In the time since this was first posted, you could have had a MGoodman portrait done for $10 + postage!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    I'll image it free of charge just to get a look at it!
  • Options
    That coin is a moose and if I was a serious franklin collector there is no way I could pass that coin up.....fortunately with my bank account I just dabble in franklins.

I wish you the best of luck selling that beauty image
  • Options
    my heart don't want to sell it , my billfold doz ................

it's the most powerful Franklin I got , and I got some monster stuff ............

sometimes it's not good to plaster such a coin all over the Internet

if no body's willing to rip it @ 3500$ - so be it
  • Options

<< <i>my heart don't want to sell it , my billfold doz ................

it's the most powerful Franklin I got , and I got some monster stuff ............

if no body's willing to rip it @ 3500$ - so be it >>

right now the market is too weak for a price like that. I would hold off for now.
  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>my heart don't want to sell it , my billfold doz ................

if no body's willing to rip it @ 3500$ - so be it >>

right now the market is too weak for a price like that. I would hold off for now. >>

And it's really tough to sell a coin like this, because it takes a collector that collects the highest end Franklin's..... and that's you! you could sell it to yourself image
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    PC - by golly ; you are correct !

I will pay myself 3500$ for it and will treasure it forever ; imagine - owning the prettiest 51-D on the planet image
  • Options
    5 years ago the '51-D Franklin in PCGS MS66 FBL was priced @ $4500.00 in the PCGS guide ................

how many color superb gems do you think are going to come out of the woodwork with the guide now 71% less ?

how often do you have the opportunity to buy a coin of this caliber with elite color ? at any price ??
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I sold this coin ! image
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    Congrats, I guess.... Did you find a nicer one? image
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    I doubt very much a nicer one exists ; the coin is without peer and I suspect it will be resold for more then five thousand dollars
  • Options
  • Options
    LRLR Posts: 53 ✭✭
    where are the photos
  • Options
    Did you not have messydesk image it?
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    I am glad the buyer got the MS66 "+" grade @ PCGS ,

I tried to tell anyone that would listen this 51-D was in a class by itself ........you can bank on the fact the current owner shelled out over 5 grand for it
  • Options
    But my question is why you, the most active toned Frankie hunter on the boards, wanted to sell one of the best looking '51-d around??? Sounds weird to me, unless you found a nicer one! image
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    Great question .............

it was the most valuable Franklin I owned , and I needed cash to get the wife off my back about my spending so much on coins lately ........

It was one of those very few Franklins I owned that I could make a decent profit on ........ most all the others I own I am deeply buried in .

Add to that the fact I have a half dozen really nice MS 65 51-D's already , and If I'm patient - I should be able to snag another pretty one in 66 for my set another day image
  • Options
    CoinyCoiny Posts: 711 ✭✭
    Coiny
  • Options
  • Options
    Ooh la la.... image
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    Where's that emoticon with the fat headed guy with shaky knees?