Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody wanna talk about Super Bowl Commercials?

What is your favorite Super Bowl Commercial? image

Comments

• Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    Apple's 1984 -- best commercial of all time. End of discussion.

(And for the record, it DID NOT only run once -- that's an urban legend.)
  • Options
    "mean" joe green and coke
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options

<< <i>Apple's 1984 -- best commercial of all time. End of discussion.

(And for the record, it DID NOT only run once -- that's an urban legend.) >>

Somehow I ended up watching this last night after some beers.

A lot of thinking before I figured it out image
  • Options
    It seems that most of them these days involve slapstick humor more than anything. Someone getting hit by something, someone falling, someone catching on fire. Either that or there's a monkey involved somehow.
  • Options
    All I can say is, if you have young children don't make them watch the commercials on super bowl sunday...
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    it won't be the same w/o the old e-Trade baby, he's been replaced. image
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"mean" joe green and coke >>

That's the one I remember when I was a kid.
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I have a friend that is in a monster.com commercial on this years super bowl.

I can't believe he gets paid to sit at a desk in the commercial !
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

I

I guess we can close the thread. The discussion is over.

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

It ran twice, but the first time it was in an extremely small market in Dec 1983. That was done to make it eligible for awards. It essentially ran only once.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Terry Tate clip was HILARIOUS!! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    The Terry Tate commercials were hands down the best ones...the apple one was nice but bleh. Terry Tate for President!

"The pain train's comin!" CLASSIC.
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    My vote is for Terry Tate or the one with the Special person and monkey trying to clap in front of a garage. At the end all it said was "well, we just wasted 2.5 milion dollars. I forget what the ad was for though.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    My vote doesn't go to Man Crunch image
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

It ran twice, but the first time it was in an extremely small market in Dec 1983. That was done to make it eligible for awards. It essentially ran only once. >>

If you care to but a wager on it, I'll prove it
  • Options
    Looking forward to the new Kiss dr pepper commercial during the 2nd quarter.