Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Best Time to end Super Bowl related eBay auctions

Hey Guys, I've got some Colts and Saints stuff I am looking to list to capitalize on Super Bowl hype. When do you think would be the best time to end these? Saturday night, Sunday before the game, during the game, or some other time??

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I'd think the day after? I guess it depends on what you are auctioning too.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd think the day after? I guess it depends on what you are auctioning too.

Steve >>

Agreed. Depends on the item.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    After the Giants beat New England, I post most of my Eli stuff and everything I had of Tyree in BIN's and they were gone by morning. I was able to buy all of the Eli cards back a month or two later at about 1/3 of what it sold for. I would expect similar results with lower priced Brees or Peyton cards plus any other standouts in the game, depending upon who wins...
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Within 24 hours of the conclusion.

Any auction ending before the super bowl risks a non-paying bidder if the "wrong" team wins. I learned that the hard way.
  • Options
    Not trying to break forum rules but LMK any Indy stuff you are moving. If you're selling Peyton stuff I doubt this game plays a big impact. Peyton's stuff has been so expensive based on the assumption that he would be a HOF'er and SB Champion. With that being said by the time he finally won the SB it didn't make a huge dent in his stuff. I just picked up a great card of Dallas Clark from someone who got it early in the season. He made some money but it wasn't a gigantic amount over what he initially paid.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think you would want to list stuff from the winning team or general stuff following the game. I don't think you want to have the stuff ending on Super Bowl night as most fans may be parting and miss the auctions.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    "Any auction ending before the super bowl risks a non-paying bidder if the "wrong" team wins. I learned that the hard way. "

that problem is EASILY avoided by making all the listings Instant Payment required.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭

<< <i>"Any auction ending before the super bowl risks a non-paying bidder if the "wrong" team wins. I learned that the hard way. "

that problem is EASILY avoided by making all the listings Instant Payment required. >>

That only works with BIN's, not true auctions.