Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Here we go again Lincoln collectors.

Thanks to Tazmic/mas3387 for alerting me to the 3 new Lincoln Commemorative Registry sets. There are 3 seperate sets for proofs, business strikes, and satin finish examples. Well, since I own these coins, I thought I may as well create my own 3 new sets. When you create your new set, you can just click a link, and your highest rated coins will be entered into the set. So, that's what I did, and all 3 sets were created and appear on the PCGS website. I'm thinking all of my 2009 Lincolns are now represented in the 3 new sets. Not! The set for circulation/business strikes contains my Satin Finish coins. In fact, the business strike set is identical to the Satin Finish set. Here we go again! Satin Finish coins allowed in a business strike set. Geeze, is it 2005 all over again? So, my 8 2009 business strikes are not represented and are homeless, once again. Any thoughts? Should I be shaking my head, or just blow it off?

RegistryNut imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    I suggested the following sets to be added:

Set 1 Business Strike only

Set 2 Satin Finish only

Set 3 Complete Variety set Business Strike and Satin Finish

Looks like a bit of confusion again !!!!

Let’s get it right from the start, PLEASE
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UFB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! imageimageimageimageimage

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    I guess they FINALLY got it part part right this time. Just get rid of the circ set that allows either coins and all would be OK...I think.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    Thanks RegistryNut !!! Now all Business Strike image

AllCoinsRule - Thank you image
  • Options
    I have done the right thing! I have deleted my Satin Finish coins from the circulation set, and replaced them with my circulation coins. I feel better now, and hope that PCGS will change the rules, and only allow these correct coins. I also hope that all Registry Set participants won't register Satin Finish coins into the circulation set. So far, every set is correct. Congratulations to all regarding this choice.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    I don't have any Lincolns sets going...but the way you describe it seems like it would be completely unfair to those who actually collect the business strikes. Wouldn't this just be a PCGS error that they need to fix or am I thinking too naively here?
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    lope - You are exactly correct and hopefully, in the future, the circulation set will not accept Satin Finish coins.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    Thats Abe on the 2009 cent? Didnt recognize him.
  • Options
    OMG !!!!!!

Reply just received

<< <i>The Lincoln Commemorative Series (CS 2009) will allow for either/or; Satin Finish or non-Satin Finish coins. The Lincoln Commemorative Series Satin Finish (CS 2009) will only accept Sating Finish coins. >>

Here we go again !!!!

3 new sets for 2009 Commemorative Lincoln's

1 - Satin Finish ONLY
    2 - Ciriculation Strike ONLY (NOT!!!) Either/ Or, 2005 all over again image
    3 - Proof ONLY

I will be retiring my set since it can't be rightimage
  • Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    That will be like having 2 Satin Finish sets before its over...Someone up there, think about it.
  • Options
    So far, the circulation Registry set has 8 participants. All participants have registered only their circulation strikes. Not one Satin Finish coin has been registered, even though these coins would carry a higher grade point average. The evidence is clear, that the set participants do not want Satin Finish coins allowed in the circulation set. The composition needs to be changed by PCGS. And it needs to be changed for one important reason. We, the collectors, should be able to collect what we want. Not what we are told to collect!

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    Update:

Just received news that the Circulation Strike set is now just that, NO SATIN FINISH!!!! An error was made when setting up the sets and now has been corrected

Thanks PCGS
  • Options
    Wow, that's great news.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it when a plan comes together ...
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    Now if we could only get them to correct ALL THE OTHER LINCOLN sets and keep the satins out of the BS sets.

Did you also notice that Satins are now listed with SMS cents in the price guide????

Are we going to see Pure proof sets some day????? with SMS cents removed???? or Satins ADDED to the Proof series.
    WS