Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

question about a box i just opened?

I just bought a box of 2008 topps football box of ebay. Didn't seem to be messed with. Box states one autograph or jersey per box. Well I got notta and I was just curious if there's anything that can be done or if it just isn't worth messing with? It was less than 30 shipped but its just disappointing! Just curious what you guys thought. Honestly I bought to put the set together but my wife likes to open the ones with jerseys or autos so she was really disappointed. Thanks!
who dey!

looking for 1964 topps baseball psa graded 7+

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    mail the wrappers and box UPC to Topps and tell them, they will send you something.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    also print the ebay page as your "receipt"
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Is that the type of box that comes with a one-card "hot pack"? Maybe it was slipped out of the cellophane?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Was it a factory sealed box? If so you may have some recourse with Topps.

They could claim it is not a current product?

If it was not shrink wrapped it might be possible the seller got them.

Just thinking aloud here, I have no idea what the policy is at Topps for this situation.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I only open stuff that has wax stains and gum stuck to a card, at least you know for sure your not getting an auto or jersey card.
    Trying to climb the 1954-55 Topps Hockey ladder for the second time.

• Options
    Its not the kind with the one card hot pack. Its just a standard hobby box that's supposed to contain one auto or jersey and also I checked to make sure and it doesn't say "on average" like some do.

Should I print the item description or like the completed paypal?

Also should I send an email first you think or just send it out?

Thanks!
    who dey!

• Options
    Topps will probably just give you the same answer that the stated odds are for the entire production run and not guaranteed per box. I have called them before and they said that it is not a guaranteed to get one per box, and that you might get two in one box, so that would take away from another...
    Sorry for your luck and hope they will do something for you anyway.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I only open stuff that has wax stains and gum stuck to a card, at least you know for sure your not getting an auto or jersey card. >>

And pastoney thanks you!
  • Options
    Forgot to mention that it was sealed with topps cellophane not that it can't be resealed but it looked fine to me.
    who dey!

• Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Topps will tell you that one year after the release of a product they no longer answer claims like that....(or something to that effect)

2008 collation in baseball was horrible (i opened a case of 6 boxes and 2 of my boxes were hit free, the hits ended up in other boxes) -- I imagine they might have had the same problem with football that year.
  • Options

<< <i>Topps will tell you that one year after the release of a product they no longer answer claims like that....(or something to that effect)

2008 collation in baseball was horrible (i opened a case of 6 boxes and 2 of my boxes were hit free, the hits ended up in other boxes) -- I imagine they might have had the same problem with football that year. >>

Thats why every once in a while somebody hits a "hot" box where they get multiple hits in one box, so thats where our hits are going.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I only open stuff that has wax stains and gum stuck to a card, at least you know for sure your not getting an auto or jersey card. >>

And pastoney thanks you! >>

Who's pastoney?
    Trying to climb the 1954-55 Topps Hockey ladder for the second time.

• Options

<< <i>Who's pastoney? >>

Ebay resealing scumbag. Numerous buying ID's for commons and wrappers.