Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Craziest Pop Report Statistics of All Time

Can someone please explain the pop report for 2001 Topps Reserve (baseball)? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    they came in graded cases no?

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I assume thats what he is talking about.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    lol wierd

Linky
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I assume thats what he is talking about. >>

I'm saying they came in the packs already graded... therefore the pop report is huge, because of Topps not people grading plug prospects.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I assume thats what he is talking about. >>

I'm saying they came in the packs already graded... therefore the pop report is huge, because of Topps not people grading plug prospects. >>

That is what i was assuming he was talking about making the pop report massive.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Why don't you and John Travolta explain it?

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you and John Travolta explain it?

Why don't you leave religion out of card collecting?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i> Why don't you and John Travolta explain it?

Why don't you leave religion out of card collecting? >>

I must have missed that thread?
  • Options
    2001 topps reserve: the first issue to join packs and third party graders (PSA)

PSA graded about 555 cards of each player (MOST were PSA 8) and placed a player signed tab into the slab...

Each topps reserve box would contain ONE Rookie card(#d to 1500), ONE Relic Bat or Jersey card,ONE Graded Autographed Rookie card(#d to 555)and ONE Rookie Autographed Baseball in a protective storage case.

an interesting concept that never continued.....

the PSA 9 and PSA 10 that exist in the Pop report are from the unsigned version (base) of the card being submitted after the fact.....

it is confusing in the POP report because they dont differentiate the Signed versions (all slabbed) and the regular base cards....

here is an example of the signed version (555 of these)
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>2001 topps reserve: the first issue to join packs and third party graders (PSA)

PSA graded about 555 cards of each player (MOST were PSA 8) and placed a player signed tab into the slab...

Each topps reserve box would contain ONE Rookie card(#d to 1500), ONE Relic Bat or Jersey card,ONE Graded Autographed Rookie card(#d to 555)and ONE Rookie Autographed Baseball in a protective storage case.

an interesting concept that never continued.....

the PSA 9 and PSA 10 that exist in the Pop report are from the unsigned version (base) of the card being submitted after the fact.....

it is confusing in the POP report because they dont differentiate the Signed versions (all slabbed) and the regular base cards....

here is an example of the signed version (555 of these)
    image >>

A-ha: I get it now. Thanks, guys, for the explanation.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i> Why don't you and John Travolta explain it?

Why don't you leave religion out of card collecting? >>

Dumb people can't compartmentalize. They just aren't intellectually agile enough. The best thing to do is understand that, feel a little sorry for them, and let them bleat when the mood strikes them.