Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Comments

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems to me that a lot of the MPLs in the recent major auctions weren't that great looking... some were, but most weren't. maybe that resulted in lower prices than would have been had for really nice looking examples?
  • renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was also thinking that no really nice coins have traded hands recently, at least not at auction. High end eye appealing stuff is doing just fine through private channels, thank you.
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why according to Legend this is just impossible!!!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Let's be realistic here. The drop of 11 price points in MPL coins out of 216 price points in the series isn't actually very telling. In fact ONE price point went up. Besides, we all know that grade and color are NOT the bottom line with this series. Quality and originality and the WOW factor play important roles in the values that collectors give to the series. And so I say if you own 1 or 100 of the 15,314 of these coins minted you have a very special coin with much historical background. ENJOY THEM and don't worry about the daily ups and downs reported by PCGS price guide. In the longer term these coins will continue to rise in value IMHO. Steveimage
  • The hypes over, the new designs are out, people have bought alot of what they want in the run up... And their cycle up tick is now stabilizing. Will it go up in future again, Sure. But for now, the MPL craze has slowed.
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

<< <i>Why according to Legend this is just impossible!!!

WS >>

What did Legend day on the subject? Thanks.
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the market is of course exploding.....

Check out the MPLs on Heritage. Looks like some new "older holders" as in Anacs and NGC now showing up to me.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkylinky is correct. But if you want to see LOTS of red look at Saints. I learned to enjoy my coins finally without attaching mental price tags to them.