Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Not sure what to think PSA 5 ?

Just received these back today. Not sure what to think.
Collecting Tony Conigliaro

Comments

• Options
    bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    ouch, look like solid 7s to me. You better get the ol' loupe out and do some checking.
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    wrinkle, wrinkle little star.
  • Options
    Look like 6's maybe even 7's to me.
    Trying to climb the 1954-55 Topps Hockey ladder for the second time.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    wow, they look close to "7s" to me ... I also say check 'em out again with a loupe ... if you can't see any wrinkles, then you are going to have to play the game.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Just goes to show that there are some 5's with better eye appeal than a lot of higher grades. I have a few 5s from a sub, that I thought I had borderline 10s before I sent them in. I haven't cracked them out to try and find the wrinkles yet.

I remember reading a post on here recently from someone who resubbed an 8, then got 5, 5, 5 before getting another 8... you can always try that resub game.

• Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if you use a loupe, but they can find some pretty major stuff not noticeable with the naked eye. I just started using one and have been shocked at what I've seen.
  • Options
    i love buying 5's like these image
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I see me in your sig! lol
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    can't hurt to crack and try again...
  • Options
    kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭
    Maybe the problem is with the backs. The fronts look great.
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone's trying to not make you feel bad. ----- 3 of the 4 look like sure "8"s not 6s and 7s. Must be a wrinkle or something.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Probably the old back wrinkle. Everyone gets em from time to time.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    Let's say there is a back wrinkle on each one. I'm of the belief that they grade back wrinkles way to harshly. Alot of times 5's look rough on vintage.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are some really nice cards!

Can't figure out the grading game...

In fact - I gotta better chance findin a diamond up a goat's ass.

mike
    Mike