Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help shed some light on a BIGGER Jordan rookie?!?!

Not quite sure what he means....this Jordan is bigger in size than most Jordan rookies???? Is it real??

Jordan rookie

The more I look at it, the more fake it looks. Although the PSA cert # is coming up good. I think someone is not going to be happy.....

Comments

• Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    Trim work to be done? I don't know how a psa 8 sold for $750...that's silly.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    It looks really big for the slab......on top of getting top dollar, I am thinking it is a fake. He states himself that the card is way bigger than normal 1986 Fleer cards.......
  • Options
    Yea...the whole thing looks odd....how does Ebay continually jusitfy allowing people to be ripped off for big money!?!?!?!
  • Options
    Card is real... Nothing strange about it, Lots of 86 fleer's are a tad taller like the Jordan in question.
  • Options
    He didnt say it was a tad taller...he said it was really huge...Ill see if I can find another to compare.....

OK...looks right to me.......sorry about everything.....
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    can you find Jordan bigger?
  • Options
    He says it is old and there was a time where PSA accepted sheet cut cards. I think that is the answer. It was cut to be larger than the cards you would find in a pack.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    This is his only listing that uses a scan out of all of his past and current auctions
    All the others use digital pics
    But I'm sure there's a good explanation for that
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see it now...

two kids arguing...

"my Jordan's bigger than yours!"

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>He says it is old and there was a time where PSA accepted sheet cut cards. I think that is the answer. It was cut to be larger than the cards you would find in a pack. >>

I doubt it's sheet cut... Usually sheet cuts tend to be better centered and have sharp corners the "8" grade leads me to believe it's just your plain old oversized card nothing more nothing less..

I've ran through about 30 - 40 sets of this stuff in the past 2 years and cards that were cut a little big or small is nothing odd..

The card can't be THAT huge it still fit in the PSA slab fine side to side looks right it's just a little taller than usual by looking at the borders.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    seller is definitely putting the idea of resub/trim into the buyers head.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

<< <i>seller is definitely putting the idea of resub/trim into the buyers head. >>

bingo.