Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

WTS: El Cazador coins at wholesale prices (both NGC certified and raw)

I recently acquired a relatively large quantity of El Cazador recovered coins. For those that don't know, the El Cazador was a Spanish Brigantine of War that sunk off the coast of Louisiana in January 1784, carrying roughly 400,000 pesos worth of spanish silver. The ship's cargo was intended to help stabilize the failing Louisana economy. The sinking of this ship played an important role in the sequence of events that led to the famous Louisana Purchase of 1803.

I have about 120 1783 MO-FF El Cazador 8 Reales, NGC certified Genuine. 80 are what I would consider "low quality" and 40 what I would consider "higher quality." To get an idea of what low vs. high quality looks like, see my ebay auctions (link in sig line). The lower quality coins are the ones that I have priced at $295 for a batch of 5, the higher quality I have priced at $375 for a batch of 3.

To forum members, I'm offering these at the wholesale rate of $48 per coin for the low quality, $90 per coin for the high quality. Especially for the lower quality, these prices are a downright bargain. When sold on eBay individually, I've gotten as much as $100 each for the lower quality pieces.

I also have a few hundred raw coins (or in some cases, coin fragments) in the individual Smythe holders (you can also see an example of these in my eBay auctions). Some of these are very low quality, some are much nicer, and have fully legible dates and most details. They are mostly smaller denominations: half real or real. These will vary in price dramatically based on what you're looking for---anywhere from $6 to $25 per piece. Let me know the type of quality you want, and I'll let you know what I can come up with and at what price.

Comments