Home Sports Talk
Options

Just felt like I should tell someone...

Just played catch with my son for the first time, he's 10months old and can palm a official mlb ball and hurl it about 3 feet on a one bounce, did it back and forth about a dozen times, maybe I'll have to buy that glove earlier than expected!

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome, isn't it? Have someone take a pic or video, you can show him when he's a teenager and brings home a girl for the first time.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I remember those days well. Enjoy. The next thing you know he'll be burning you out from 150 feet.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    My daughter and I played catch last night too. She's almost two though. She is, apparently, ambidextreous since she can't decide which arm she wants to throw with. Or maybe she's just indecisive? If she was a boy I'd have to start training her to be a southpaw.

I haven't had so much fun playing catch since I was a kid playing with my dad.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My daughter and I played catch last night too. She's almost two though. She is, apparently, ambidextreous since she can't decide which arm she wants to throw with. Or maybe she's just indecisive? If she was a boy I'd have to start training her to be a southpaw.

I haven't had so much fun playing catch since I was a kid playing with my dad. >>

oh, I forgot about that, my guy is definitely a righty, only used his left hand for balance. guess, we'll do left handed drills tomorrow...
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    congrats!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My daughter and I played catch last night too. She's almost two though. She is, apparently, ambidextreous since she can't decide which arm she wants to throw with. Or maybe she's just indecisive? If she was a boy I'd have to start training her to be a southpaw.

I haven't had so much fun playing catch since I was a kid playing with my dad. >>

If she's ambidextreous at 2, then she might really be ambidextreous. Our daughter starting doing everything right-handed well before she turned 1 and we were told by our pediatrician that it happens early. Another thing- if she's ambidextreous, you should get her into tennis. The advantage that she'll have in that sport is unparalelled. There was an ambid. guy who played tennis at UGA when I was in college there in the 90's and it was just sick. No backhand.....ever. Everything was forehand powerstrokes. Very fun to watch.

-Michael
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    You gonna teach him the dollar trick like Lincecum?
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    My wife and I have 5 sons. These are the "real" moments in life that years from now, you will cherish.

Enjoy them , enjoy them , enjoy them.

To quote the Moody Blues-- " Burn slowly the candle of life".

---------------------------------------

Thanks for sharing--- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How sweet! This thread makes my day!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    my kid is still in diapers..next year he turns 32
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Mcadams- tennis is a good tip. I hadn't thought of that. I think I'll get her a little racket and see how she does with that.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just played catch with my son for the first time, he's 10months old and can palm a official mlb ball and hurl it about 3 feet on a one bounce, did it back and forth about a dozen times, maybe I'll have to buy that glove earlier than expected! >>

My daughter is twenty and my son is 18.

When they were younger we used to play catch every summer's night on our street.

Take it from me, time goes by so FAST!!

Cherish every minute and enjoy your time with them.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)