Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Approaches when buying on Ebay?

What's your buying approach? Do you:

1) Ask for a larger scan of the frt and back?
I have and was told it was not a seller's policy to send scans of the back when not provided on the original listing. Found that odd, why would anyone buy before seeing the entire product? Seller said, he established that policy since people were wasting his time with scan request. He also thought that buyers would ask for a discount after he posted the scan. I feel, why not. It does not hurt to ask, right?

2) Send a message to ask for a best or lower price?

3) Offer to purchase card off-line thru payapl Gift payment?

Comments

• Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    I do all of the above depending on the price, how bad I want it, if I question the condition due to a poor scan, etc.... I am totally with you.
  • Options
    TrevmoTrevmo Posts: 201 ✭✭
    I am more of the sniping type. I bid on auctions only and no BIN. I put it in my watch list and steal the deal in the last 10-12 seconds. image
    Collecting Ozzie Smith PSA 10's, 1949 Bowman PSA 5's, and 1949 Bowman PCL'S in any grade!
  • Options
    I list cards that I want to sell. If asked for additional info I provide it. Not really a big deal.

Making deals on ebay worries me a bit. I avoid it. Never hurts to ask though.
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>What's your buying approach? Do you:

I have and was told it was not a seller's policy to send scans of the back when not provided on the original listing. Found that odd, why would anyone buy before seeing the entire product? Seller said, he established that policy since people were wasting his time with scan request. He also thought that buyers would ask for a discount after he posted the scan. I feel, why not. It does not hurt to ask, right?

3) Offer to purchase card off-line thru payapl Gift payment? >>

If a seller told me that "buyers would ask for a discount after he posted the scan", that tells me everything I need to know about that card. It IS a bit of a PITA to post front and back scans, especially if you want to combine them into a single pic to save on the pic charges, but if it's anything but a cheap common and he's at all hesistant to post the back, I'd run.

----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options

<< <i>What's your buying approach? Do you:

3) Offer to purchase card off-line thru payapl Gift payment? >>

Maybe if people are constantly asking for scans of the backs it should click in the seller's head that he should save everyone a little time and just scan the back from the beginning.