Vegas has spoken, we shall see.....

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Colts
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully expect it will move higher.

I honestly expect 4.5 or 5 by kickoff. The 'Manning' factor.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    It's already 6 in some places, like Bodog.

Perhaps they move the line quicker these days, but there must have been a ton of money coming in at -4 and -4.5, for it now to be at -6. A 5-point Colts win, and Vegas is likely screwed.
    We could be witnessing a redux of Super Bowl XIII, when Vegas got crushed by opening the line too low:

<<<The previous year, when Bradshaw and the Steelers defeated the Dallas Cowboys 35-31 in Super Bowl XIII, is remembered for "Black Sunday." The Steelers opened as 2-1/2-point favorites with some underground bookies, and the line reached as high as 4-1/2.

Vaccaro, still at the Royal Inn, opened the Steelers -3-1/2. The final margin of four points crushed the books.

"The early money was bet in the right places. Some of (the bettors) had life-changing experiences because they were taking 4-1/2 points (with the Cowboys) and laying 2-1/2 (with the Steelers)," Vaccaro said. "The thing that would have saved us a lot of money, but we weren't doing it then, was the props."

The Royal Inn lost $180,000 on the game, he said, and the Stardust lost $1.7 million.

"We got plastered on it. The joints in Vegas got beat up pretty good," Vaccaro said. "There wasn't a bookmaker in sight. They were all at the airport Sunday night.">>>

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always nice seeing the bookies get crushed, but it sure don't happen often.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Always nice seeing the bookies get crushed, but it sure don't happen often. >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts