Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Request for hockey team set denied

I put in a request for a hockey team set and I was denied today because it was not Topps or OPC. Not sure how many hockey collectors are out there, but personally I don't think many people would put Topps above Upper Deck or Ultra over the past decade or so. It would seem as though it would benefit PSA to have additional sets to generate additional revenues. I dunno. I guess I am a bit confused.

Sam
Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.

Comments

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Wowsers. I didn't think they would ever deny a set request as long as it was a legitimate set.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    what set was it???? how difficult is it for them to list a set when they know they'll be making money off it? very bizarre...
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    2005-06 Ultra Carolina Hurricanes. Just a standard set. It would be an eleven card set. I picked it because it was the Canes' magical Cup year and it would have been the only Canes set on the registry, plus I have the five cards needed to get it started. Yeah, I was a bit shocked that they would not even accept an Upper Deck team set. At least for the last 20 years or so, I would say UD has taken the lead amongst hockey card sets, much more so than the sporadic Topps sets and the OPC sets which have gone from Topps to UD and even not been issued some years. Well, hopefully this will change.

Oh, and neither Topps nor OPC issued a set for 2005-06...
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.