Home Sports Talk
Options

Pardon the Interuption

Does anyone else watch this show, I normally record it and watch it in the morning with my coffee.

Lately though, I'm getting tired of Michael Wilbon's tiraids - he comes accross as the stereotypical angry black man. It's getting tougher everyday to watch this show. Unless he is talking about Tiger, Jordan, Barkley, etc then he's all happy

Anyone else see this
"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi

Comments

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not forget that he's from Chicago, on top of that.

Shane

• Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Still better than Stephen A. Smith
  • Options
    I love PTI but it has been ruined because it follows Around the Horn. They have the exact same topics and usually in about the same order. If you still have the patience to watch Rome is Burning, by the time PTI comes on you have already heard the topics twice.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    two guys yelling for half an hour, no thanks. I prefer "Around the Horn" too.
  • Options
    Growing up that was always the first show I'd watch when I got home from school. I enjoy it and the problem with the same topics as Around the Horn and Jim Rome is solved by the fact that I don't really watch either of those shows often (especially Rome).
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>two guys yelling for half an hour, no thanks. I prefer "Around the Horn" too. >>

LOL, so you prefer 4 guys yelling instead?

Kornheiser is not only one of the most knowledgeable sports guys out there but he's genuine and savvy. He and Wilbon mesh together very well.
  • Options
    I love PTI and have watched it for years. I'd much rather watch it than Rome or Around the Horn.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I TIVO PTI, but not Around the Horn. I refuse to watch anything with Mariotti.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was the Favre show "Pardon the Interception"image
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    Kornheiser is not only one of the most knowledgeable sports guys out there but he's genuine and savvy.

unless he's talking about something that occurred in sports after 1985 in which case he only knows Favre, Brady, golf and horse racing.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too, prefer Around the Horn. Once it ends, I turn the channel and watch Jeopardy! image

Steve
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Still better than Stephen A. Smith >>

I was absolutely shocked to see him the other day on MSNBC. I just don't think he'd be a good fit there.
    Travis
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

I was absolutely shocked to see him the other day on MSNBC. I just don't think he'd be a good fit there. >>

Doesn't matter - only 5 people watch MSNBC anyway.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Kornholer is totally annoying.

And in reference to the Stephen A Smith comment by K... I too could not stand him. Talk about angry black men!
    But then they started having him do political commentary on Fox News. THE GUY ROCKS!!
  • Options

<< <i>Doesn't matter - only 5 people watch MSNBC anyway. >>

I saw it too image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I was absolutely shocked to see him the other day on MSNBC. I just don't think he'd be a good fit there. >>

Doesn't matter - only 5 people watch MSNBC anyway. >>

I'm one of the five. Where are the other four?
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    I watch Countdown sometimes so that leaves 3.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'm one of the five. Where are the other four? >>

MSNBC = lowest ratings among cable news channels

FOX NEWS = MOST WATCHED TV NETWORK
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'm one of the five. Where are the other four? >>

MSNBC = lowest ratings among cable news channels

FOX NEWS = MOST WATCHED TV NETWORK >>

Fox news is not the most watched TV network. Are you serious? They are the most watched cable news network. Also, MSNBC replaced CNN in the number 2 slot for 2009.

Link to 2009 year end recap

edit: Around the Horn might be the worst regularly scheduled piece of sports programming on TV. A bunch of loud-mouthed 'journalists' representing the worst of the field (Plaschke (sp?), Mariotti, Page are simply unlistenable)...its like listening to every single sports bar argument you've ever heard, yet its been on 8 years now? PTI at least has 2 guys who can eloquently make their points.
  • Options
    I'm one of the five. Where are the other four?

I bet you watch Jersey shore, Big Brother and American Idol too
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options

<< <i>I too, prefer Around the Horn. Once it ends, I turn the channel and watch Jeopardy! image

Steve >>

We do the same at work. More a nod to Jeopardy being good than a slight against PTI. Still like PTI.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm one of the five. Where are the other four?

I bet you watch Jersey shore, Big Brother and American Idol too >>

What do the shows have in common with PTI? Never seen Big Brother or Idol. I've never heard of Jersey Shore. I'm way too old for those shows (except possibly Jersey Shore).